Which Hammock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I really want a hammock but don't have £150 for a new/high end one.The one's i have been looking at are by DD and TW with Henessey being out off my price range.So my question is can anyone help me out with regards to any information on these two makes of hammock or maybe any other makes that i might have missed,or you might have one for sale yourself or indeed know of somebody else who has decent hammock for sale
Many thank's,
Bushferret.

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
What is your upper limit? I got my hennesey deluxe for a little over £100 and that was 2 years ago.

"Lt. Dan..... you got new legs!"

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
I just got some gear from them recently. Good service and a lot of folks on here using DD. Good for your price range, but you will need a tarp. They're cheap enough though so don't worry much.

"Lt. Dan..... you got new legs!"

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
i really liked my tw green hornet and could not fault it really just ended up mhaving to have a warbonnet bb,atb wayne

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
What would you say to a UK hammocks double layer with mozzi net, amsteel ridge with organiser just needs a pair of new whoopies £70 posted.

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi i live in Warrington between Manchester and Liverpool.The reason i don't want to rush this is due to the fact i'm not a small fella and i need a hammock that will take some hammer and is at a reasonable price.
Cheer's

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Shame your not a little closer as I have a couple you could try. You could try one of the local meets and I'm sure people would help you out there.
Not a lightweight myself, just over 19 1/2 st at the mo.

Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
I have a DD Frontline (breathable fabric, integral bug net) and I like it a lot. Dont get anything without a net, I have seen all sorts of creepy crawlies chillaxing on the outside of mesh in the morning.

The thing about hammocks is that the cost can creep up as you add bits and pieces to improve your rig. Carabiners (close to the hammock under the tarp they double as drip stops), whoopie slings (easy to adjust, dont stretch, dont take up much room), tree straps (wont cost much to make but avoid nylon webbing, it is far too stretchy), snake skins (makes packing and unpacking much easier) etc.

The only real must-have is some way of stopping the rain from running down your hammock suspension and soaking you in the night. Look into drip rings or something similar. You probably already have a suitable insulating underlayer to put in the hammock, I used a thick woolen blanket folded double until I got an underquilt which was smaller and lighter. Foam mats etc also work here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE