Robens Hammock and Tarp set-up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does anyone have any experience of the above captioned hammock and tarp? I have a Robens mat, which I really like, and was wondering whether it would be worth trying out this set-up, based on my experience of their stuff. I know I should be supporting DD but, having tried their version, I was very unimpressed. The Robens one seems several stages better...

Any help or advice is most gratefully received!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, I think I'll just have to go and try it out for myself. With luck, I'll post my findings here in a little while...
Please do. I got the email from TBS and I reckon it looks pretty good for the money. There’s no suggestion as far as I can see it’s an asym to allow diagonal lay, but that’s not too much of a dealbreaker. The price is excellent considering you get the complete set-up and don’t need to add prussics or carabiners. I would be surprised if it hasn’t been mentioned on HammockForums.

I’m currently on a Jungle Hammock from Mosquitohammocks with the diamond fly.

and have one of the Easyhammocks with the built in quilt.

Of the two, just for a night or two out, I really like the Jungle and fly. I get a good sleep in it and it’s lovely to be able to see out the sides. The EasyHammock is very much bigger due to the asym cut and I find myself a bit lost in it. But its great for sleeping, especially if you want side sleeping or have bad knees or back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE