Which Boots will go with my Berghaus Yeti gaiters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Hi all,

Years ago i bought some Berghaus Yeti gaiters, but needless to say they didn't fit with the soles of my old Raichle boots :(

But, now i'm in need of a new pair of walking/hiking boots i was wondering if anyone could suggest a "good" pair that would fit with the gaiters :)

Cheers

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The Yeti Gaiters are designed to go on Scarpa Boots.
I've got a pair of Manta Attack boots that are going on for 20 years old and still going strong.

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
Hi,

I used a Dremel tool to carve a groove out of the lugs on the sole of my Danners to fit the band... worked perfectly!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

Years ago i bought some Berghaus Yeti gaiters, but needless to say they didn't fit with the soles of my old Raichle boots :(

But, now i'm in need of a new pair of walking/hiking boots i was wondering if anyone could suggest a "good" pair that would fit with the gaiters :)

Cheers

I've got a pair that are fitted to some Lowa Mountain GTX's...

A PITA to get to fit but one thay are on they are on...

Depending on how old they are the yetis may or may not fit... Are they the newer type or really old ones??

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
if memory serves you can get your boots resoled to have the correct sole. but like the sound of using the dremmel to make it fit.even when i had the correct boot i found i occasionally kicked the toe off so ended up siliconing it down(think i had removed the thin strap mid sole for some reason that escapes me)

The Yeti Gaiters are designed to go on Scarpa Boots.
I've got a pair of Manta Attack boots that are going on for 20 years old and still going strong.

Same. I got some for a big old pair of leather Scarpa Fitzroys (winter boots). Boots also still going strong after 20 odd years, but yeti's are a bit kn***ered
One downside with Yeti's is that if you do a lot of walking on sharp flinty ground, they do get cut up under the instep eventually, and as has been pointed out it's a PITA to take them on and off. Tend to use conventional ones more often now.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I had the proper gaiters for my mantas, but they got nicked.
I don't do enough walking to justify replacing them now.
They were fantastic pieces of kit though
I never got wet feet when using them, even when going through bogs on dartmoor.

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
I've got mine on a 20 year old set of Skarpa Attaks. Lovely boots, bit heavy but I never take the yetis off. Use lightweight Karrimors in summer and the Scarpas in winter.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Same. I got some for a big old pair of leather Scarpa Fitzroys (winter boots). Boots also still going strong after 20 odd years,

I had a Pair of Fitzroys.... Excellent boots for Winter in the UK and Alpine summer climbing.
They took a Charlet S12 crampon nicely. I did quite a bit of climbing in mine. I used em when I did the Hornli Ridge not with Yetis though, climbing cracks with Yetis fixed tends to knacker the gaiter in short order..

You can fit Yetis to a number of different boots that do not have the Scarpa Attak sole unit. But you need to be prepared to cut the boot sole and the gaiter a bit to get them to fit. Some decent rubber adhesive on the toe of the gaiter helps to ensure the toe does not pop off. Also the stiffer the shank in the boot the better the gaiters stay on.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Thanks for all the tips chaps, in the end i got a pair of old Scarpa Manta boots the yeti's fit really well.

Bring on the deep puddles :)

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Cheers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE