Trip Report Wherryman’s Way hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Did my first thru hike (sounds dramatic) a couple of weekends back; the 37 mile Wherryman’s Way in Norfolk follows the River Yare from Norwich to Great Yarmouth and travels through some wonderful Broadland landscapes, I’ve lived here all my life but never seen some of the more cutoff villages and river bank, had a great time.
Around 9 miles on the first afternoon with an overnight and very frosty start beside the river, around 21 miles on day 2 with a truly superb wild overnight on some very remote marshland, third morning was around 7 miles with rain all the way.
The video is 30 mins so a little long, but I don’t over produce, or cram gear reviews in, it’s all as I see it.....

51B1902E-A840-4CEA-BB07-85C91E56203E.jpeg8E96694C-6A7B-46F7-999C-2DCDB7B15BB4.jpeg

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Hi, its a lovely walk, have you tried the north Norfolk coastal path, another with fantastic views.
Hiya, not yet but I plan to, also the angles way is on the to do list...I’d like to hammock camp the angles way, slowly identifying spots to overnight along the 92 miles.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
@ScottE

That has been a very peaceful half hour....though I confess, I did break it into three cuppas viewing time :)

You know how folks 'do' the Munroes ? and all too often having 'ticked' them off have to go back and do them again because they rushed through them and missed all the detail and enjoyment of the walk itself ?
I don't think you did that :) I think you had fun doing this one; had a gander at everything that caught your eye while you wandered along.
Good on you. I think this could be a great sport. Wandering all the walks up and down the country.
What's next ?

Tell you though, to me that looked incredibly flat and exposed. I live in the lowlands but we still go up and down a lot.
If you ever get up to do the Clyde walkway, let me know, it's sort of on the doorstep.

Thank you for sharing :cool:

M

Reactions: ScottE

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
That's my old neck of the woods that is..... bootiful.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
@ScottE

That has been a very peaceful half hour....though I confess, I did break it into three cuppas viewing time :)

You know how folks 'do' the Munroes ? and all too often having 'ticked' them off have to go back and do them again because they rushed through them and missed all the detail and enjoyment of the walk itself ?
I don't think you did that :) I think you had fun doing this one; had a gander at everything that caught your eye while you wandered along.
Good on you. I think this could be a great sport. Wandering all the walks up and down the country.
What's next ?

Tell you though, to me that looked incredibly flat and exposed. I live in the lowlands but we still go up and down a lot.
If you ever get up to do the Clyde walkway, let me know, it's sort of on the doorstep.

Thank you for sharing :cool:

M
Glad you enjoyed, I’ll most definitely be going more long distance walks and most definitely not in a rush!! Sure thing on the Clyde walkway thank you.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Cheers, we can be prone to taking everywhere for granted, our recent situation has forced a love for local!
Same here. I'm Midlands now. The discovery of miles and miles of canal tow paths has been amazing!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE