Where's the oldest tree in England?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shrek

Banned
Jan 24, 2004
Been arguing this all night with a mate, but neither of us really know.

My bet is that it is near Fritham / Bolderwood (Hampshire), but it's argued that the oldest is in Nottingham.

Anyone know the answer?

Gravesy

Banned
Jan 24, 2004
Blimey what a night you and a mate must of had.

The oldest tree?

Well I do remember the great fire in California recently taking out some of the tallest and oldest trees in the world, I have posted this picture as it looks amazing the size of the base.

_38156062_talltrees_ap150.jpg

Now I got into a arguement last nite in a Karoake evening, Myself and my table of mates, One a sad git, always going on about Polar Bears, it went like this.

Female Polar Bears when pregnant are the ones that build the dens while the male hunts the food, Surely that is not right?

While I am talking on the subject of Polar Bears, The sad git tried this chat up line last night. SAD MATE.

SAD MATE, to fit woman: Hi

Fittie: Uh, hello.

SAD MATE: How much does a polar bear weigh?

Fittie: I dunno.

SAD MATE: Me neither, but I thought it might break the ice

Fittie: :shock:

SAD MATE :lol: :

Fittie: What are you on about

SAD MATE: Polar bear? Ice? Breakage?

Fittie: :shock: [and walks away]

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
Not the oldest tree in the country but a fabulous old Yew. Have a look at the picture. I'm just in it for scale.

http://publish.hometown.aol.co.uk/melcroberts/myhomepage/yew tree with mel 1.jpg?

It is in the grounds of Marston House in Marston Bigot, Somerset.

Other fantastic yew trees can be found at Kingley Vale near Chichester. I have never seen so many in one place.

A great book to read if you are interested in old and fabulous trees is "Meetings with Remarkable Trees". Amazing pictures and it shows you where all the trees are so you can go and visit them. There is also an international one called "Remarkable Trees of the World."

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE