Where's Spring...

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
Went for a long walk in Ashridge area today; not one of the spring flowers was out...i'm no expert, but seems pretty late for such a bare floor, going on previous years.

There were loads of burr's though; a load of Birches, some Elms (i think).

I'm hoping the extreme-ish winter will mean an extreme-ish summer :D

but roll-on spring!!!!!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's damned freezing where I am. I was hoping to do a bit of herping over this coming week, but it needs to warm up alot.

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
I hope you were wrapped up against the wind mate, there's been a wicked wind blowing down our backs all day!

I was thinking the same thing myself earlier, plenty of new green growth coming through but apart half a dozen small daisies shivering in the corner of my orchard that's it. :dunno:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
If we look on the bight side... everytime we've had a hot Easter lately, it has been followed by a very wet Summer. Hopefully we'll get a proper Summer that lasts longer than a week this year.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sap has been up for a week or two here, hogweed, cow parsley, lords and ladies, nice early shoots of ramson and jack by the hedge.
Local ash buds have all burst and the chestnut buds are well sticky. Primrose also great at the min, even up at my uncles place half way up a hill in wales.
Hawthorne leaves are bursting at the mo and if you look at a patch of woodland from a distance its all starting to Haze out with activity.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
There's going to be an almighty flush of blossom sometime very soon. I reckon we'll get the full firework display this year. Hayfever sufferers be warned. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE