Day Out Tread lightly.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Today I can honestly say was hot, not warm, hot. I don't know what the temperature got up to but as a Sun Bunny it was off T shirt when I eventually stopped for a brew at one of my favourite spots.
The last rainfall was over a week ago and the season seems to be advancing quickly. The Lilly Pads are ascending from the Lake bottom already and spreading on the Lake surface.

Many of the seasonal Wild Flowers are out, fighting for space amongst the carpet of Wild Garlic.

Primroses and wild Violets.

Celandine and Herb Robert.

From a high bank alongside the path there is a very obvious animal trail, in fact just before it reaches the water of the lake it is almost a slide. Because of the extremely dry ground any tracks are very indistinct, but I have seen evidence in the past of where something has come from the water and climbed the trail. I'm hoping that one day I'll spot the Otters which are said to hunt in the lake.

I thought today would be a good opportunity to try the 'Bare Foot' type shoes that Wander posted about some time ago. They arrived in the post a few days ago, so today was a trial run..well in my case a trial totter/limp..:laugh:

Amazingly comfortable, with good grip, but not recommended if you are being tracked by Colonel Custer's Indian Scouts.

White eyes went this way...:roflmao:
One of my favourite Brew up perches with superb views.

I went home via the site of the Iron Age settlement remains. It is silent here, just the sound of the grazing Sheep and new Lambs. The area seemed asleep in the hot sunshine, just the old stones, vague circles and what could be doorways or entrances evident in the ground.

I like this place, the old stones, the isolation and silence. There is a connection here.

Now, it's at least 2 hot hours walking since the previous brew, so a stop at the old fallen Ash Tree is in order.

If I had one of those fancy 'phones that show weather and temperatures I could tell you how hot it was...Ah! there's no signal here anyway...shame..:roflmao: But it was toasty.
And home through the Greenwood.

:thumbsup:

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Great trip! I basked in the sun in my garden all day yesterday. I'll head out today I think.... a micro-day adventure! #inspired

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Reactions: saxonaxe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE