where to go in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
well i have finally stopped being on constant tours/road shows. So i have a few months spare to actually get outside.

Can anyone recommend where to go in scotland that i can throw my hammock up and be left in peace for a few days;)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I know its not the back of beyond, but this hill is great for winter time camping, get the train to Forres and walk to it, via the road that leads to Califer then head east along the top till you feel away from the road, you wont be bother by any one if you push into the trees a bit, then you can either just cut about the woods, admire the view over the Moray firth, head out on to Dava moor, spend a few nights down by the sea at either culbin forest or Rosisle beach, watch the bird life on the Findhorn estury, or head up the river to the bothy near its head(a good few days walk if you take your time), I love the area, we used to live in kinloss untill recently and used this as my quick get away for a long weekend stay, coords taken from google earth, 57°36'7.15"N 3°28'47.60"W the only people i have bumped into this time of year are dog sledge runners, and happy walkers,

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
cheers for suggestions guys. Havent been out for nearly year do to work and several family emergencies, some peace and quiet will be nice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE