Where to buy an axe/hatchet in Bristol?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bristolsparks

Jul 19, 2011
bristol
Hi peeps

Im new to the forum so after some advice.

Im going camping/canoeing on thursday and need to buy a fairly decent axe. I ideally would like to spend less than £20 and have been looking at the Bahco axe/hatchet. I will only be using for splitting wood etc for now

Look forward to your comments

Regards

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
There is a fantastic old 2nd hand tool shop just on the road that the front entrance to the BRI Hospital is. it is almost next to the violin shop. they have some amazing ols axes, hatchets , draw knives and augers all for a good price.

Try there

bristolsparks

Jul 19, 2011
bristol
Thanks guys,

I have a problem with opening hours as im at work till 5 tomorrow and wednesday. Why do i leave things so late. What about B&Q or garden centres?

regarsd

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Try Bristol tools on the Gloucester Rd or Bell tools on Filton Rd or Rajanis in fishponds for a cheap one.

Topknot

troyka

Forager
There is a fantastic old 2nd hand tool shop just on the road that the front entrance to the BRI Hospital is. it is almost next to the violin shop. they have some amazing ols axes, hatchets , draw knives and augers all for a good price.

Try there

i would say this place too, maybe the hardware shop in clifton village or the glos rd, the bit toward the prison there is a cool tool shop

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE