Where is winter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Not a flake of snow, nor even a crystal of frost, just warm, wet and windy. Can anyone remember less festive festive weather?

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Its Grim. Long range shows 'potential' for colder weather at the end of the month. Lets hope Feb bites back with some really severe cold.

Hope it isn't Feb ... at least on the roads to Glencoe! But the weather is sorting herself out with the climate change and we can pretty well say goodbye to "how it has been". Even Aunty Beeb's weather is acutally daring to admit it as of yesterday's f/casts :rolleyes: ... must be moving away from "Don't frighten the horses"

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Similar temperatures to last year's 'winter', in double figures most days. At least it is a little wetter this time round though so the water tables, lakes, resevoirs etc. should be full. There were drought conditions in many places this time last year if you remember.

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Here in Reading we have roses budding and blooming, Dandelion clocks, and pigeons chasing each other around the garden and 'billing and cooing' on the fences. Oh are they in for a surprise.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Its default british weather, rubbish but about average.

We got too used to the cold of the last 3 years, warm and wet winters are the norm. Interesting things happening higher up at the moment though-big changes are afoot.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's typical Florida Winter weather here. Cold as a witch's heart one night and beach weather the next day. Ironically they're forecasting one of our coldest winters for the Norhtern half of the country over the next few weeks.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
As I age the appeal of cold snow camps is fading fast, this weather is much better, healthier too for many pensioners and low income families who can't afford to heat their homes these days.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
As I age the appeal of cold snow camps is fading fast, this weather is much better, healthier too for many pensioners and low income families who can't afford to heat their homes these days.

..........................................................................................................
oldman.gif

The amount of rain we have had over that last year has been incredible, i wanted it to subside over the Christmas period so i could get out and record more videos but had very little luck of that, rush of Christmas and new year didn't help either. I took a train to Norwich a few days ago, there has been so much flooding of rivers and farmers fields, i almost mistook some of the flooding for large lakes.
Having said this i did enjoy today, it made a change to be out in the forest in the sun instead of the rain :)

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE