Where can I get an Enzo trapper in O1 in the UK??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
All,

I have been scrabbling around the net looking for an Enzo trapper in O1 ? in either kit form, or just a blade blank.

I don't seem to be able to find them in the UK at the moment.

Many thanks,

Chris

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
Robin,

You are absolutely right, it should come from Dennis (I have dealt with him before, and I can't speak highly enough!!), my problem is that I didn't realise he was responsible for the design.

Thanks again,

Chris

Drongo

Aug 19, 2008
Lisburn
I've one, I love it...

I've bought and made a half dozen for gifts too...

This is my current one...

DSC00045.JPG

Dec 22, 2006
Jakobstad Finland
Someone here asked about the design of the EnZos. Not that I think it is important, but it feels nice to see someone writing about it. I have designed about 15 different models. Many of these with help and good advice from people on knife forums. I use to show a sketch of the
blade/knife, ask for opinions, and always I get very good comments that changed my initial drawing a bit. I think the knowledge out on the forums is far higher than any individual knife designer, no matter how famous he is.

The EnZo Trapper in O1, D2 or stainless AUS 8 steel is available from Jan 14 th. All of them with a Scandi zero grind.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Someone here asked about the design of the EnZos. Not that I think it is important, but it feels nice to see someone writing about it. I have designed about 15 different models. Many of these with help and good advice from people on knife forums. I use to show a sketch of the
blade/knife, ask for opinions, and always I get very good comments that changed my initial drawing a bit. I think the knowledge out on the forums is far higher than any individual knife designer, no matter how famous he is.

The EnZo Trapper in O1, D2 or stainless AUS 8 steel is available from Jan 14 th. All of them with a Scandi zero grind.

Oh good, you've found BcUK. Welcome Dennis.:D

UCBerzerkeley

Dec 11, 2008
California
Two questions -

1) Any good news for us chaps in the US? I do so hope some are shipped over to Ben at Bensbackwoods :O

2) How does EnZo temper its D2? Dozier like? Or is it prone to fracture. Thanks, having a bit of trouble deciding between the O1 and the D2 in a scandi-zero

Dec 22, 2006
Jakobstad Finland
Two questions -

1) Any good news for us chaps in the US? I do so hope some are shipped over to Ben at Bensbackwoods :O

2) How does EnZo temper its D2? Dozier like? Or is it prone to fracture. Thanks, having a bit of trouble deciding between the O1 and the D2 in a scandi-zero

There are kits and blades on their way to Bensbackwoods, and to Northcoast knives and
Thompson's Scandinavian Knife Supply.

The blades are sent to a large company specialized in heat treating. Think the range hrc 60-61 is the right for D2. A lot of blades are out and being used frequently. I have not heard of prone to fracture. In fact I have only had good feed back for the blades.

I can not give advice for O1 or D2, other than if you want the knife to feel under the sharpener as you are used to, then carbonsteel O1. It will get a patina quite fast when using. If you are not careful (with salt water) it will rust.
D2 stands better against corrosion, keeps an edge better, will feel like glass under a stone sharpener. Think you will need a diamond.. and little more patience.

Dennis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE