Where can I buy a handmade leather belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firesteelcam

Oct 23, 2006
RUGBY
www.firesteel.co.uk
I had a quality leather belt for many years now, which was bedded in nicely into two size notches depending on the season. I am currently expanded out to the Christmas notch. Unfortunately I got tipped out of my Canadian canoe recently and on my return home my wife placed my belt onto the hot radiator instead of letting the leather dry naturally. By the time I noticed, my leather belt was more dried scab than supple leather, also its shrunk. :( ....(thats my story and I'm sticking to it)
So can anyone recommend a website or place selling a good quality handmade leather belt, but not too pricey.
Thanks and happy New Year to all
Cam
:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Women eh? Tut!, they just don't understand do they! Oh, actually my wife says they do understand - so it must be deliberate eh?
It could be possible to revive your belt by carefully re-oiling it with natural oils such as Olive Calendula (for sensitive skin!) or Neatsfoot oil. Gently massage the oils in using the heat of your hand to gently warm the oils and leather.
It might do the job as I have revived totally dried out harness leather this way in the past.
Good Luck and happy new year!

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll make one for you if you like. If you send me the original belt, I'll make another one using the original buckle. Let me know by PM if you're interested. It'll cost you £20.

Eric

firesteelcam

Oct 23, 2006
RUGBY
www.firesteel.co.uk
I have tried the saddle soap, and there seems to be a definate improvement, I'm sure I will be able to rescue the belt. However I do like the idea of a new handmade belt.... :rolleyes:
Thanks for all your help so far. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE