I need a new belt! Calling all leather workers!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
My belts are £45 and upwards now. I have spent the last three years trying to make a living from making with supply teaching actually bailing me out.

I'm giving up and going back to being a hobby maker next year. Lots of hobby makers in the UK and eBay has made getting people to understand that paying myself £7 per hour (when I can get £27 as a supply teacher) isn't really taking the pi55 (which I have been accused of several times).

I've just sold a Leatherman pouch that took me the best part of a day for £40 because I'm scrabbling for money to pay for car repairs to get me to a show in October.... I really don't see why people would want to do it... Angst.... despair more like it. Roll on the days I can just go to work again.

Dreadhead

My belts are £45 and upwards now. I have spent the last three years trying to make a living from making with supply teaching actually bailing me out.

I'm giving up and going back to being a hobby maker next year. Lots of hobby makers in the UK and eBay has made getting people to understand that paying myself £7 per hour (when I can get £27 as a supply teacher) isn't really taking the pi55 (which I have been accused of several times).

I've just sold a Leatherman pouch that took me the best part of a day for £40 because I'm scrabbling for money to pay for car repairs to get me to a show in October.... I really don't see why people would want to do it... Angst.... despair more like it. Roll on the days I can just go to work again.

Agree with you entirely Richard. I tried living off leatherwork alone but it was becoming increasingly difficult, especially at certain times of the year. I have just taken a forestry job, and am keeping leatherwork for weekends only. Fair play to Sonni going for it full-time it's a damn hard living

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I love making. I still get a buzz like I did today from a customer who had just opened his knives and sheath....

Just can't do it to do anything except pay itself and buy me some toys.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....this thread has caused me to go through my stock boxes and dig out 6 belts that have been on the circuit with me this year....theyre all in lovely condition and seeings i'm not doing any more major shows this year i'll be offering them in my traders area very shortly at reduced prices specially for you bcukers....

now editing the pics....

regards

s

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Hey, cheers mate!

I bound that one off eBay though. Its actually rather nice for the price. Not to your standards by still good enough for my buckles!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE