Whats your latest impulse buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Thanks Barn Owl You've convinced me. I will get it.

Saw a dead barn owl a few weeks ago, it was in the undergrowth under a hedge. Mostly intact so not ure what could have happened. Such a beautiful bird. Better alive than dead. Only seen a living one once. It was daytime on a bright afternoon and I saw it fly off from what appeared to be a disused telegraph pole before dropping to just above the ground and flying towards us before turning off to one side.

(Just about worked out not to abbreviate your name to initials before I replied).

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I was punished for the sins of a past life today and made to go shopping...Manchester Arndale, my own private hell:eek:

Anyway, quite by accident I found the wonderland that is Clas Ohlson...
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/StartPageProducts.aspx

...and whilst in there bought this....
346561A_X_2007-06-29_094732_651.jpg

a telescopic toasting fork - superb idea!goodjob

346561B_X_2009-07-01_094710_45.jpg

Simon

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
She's obviously not a dinner by candlelight kind of lady Graham :D

Oh she is Steve! - and is quite happy to sit in camp lit by some candle lanterns too - it was more the case of 'why do we need another one!? - I can think of better things the money could have been spent on!' hey ho, I'm sure she will come round ;)

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
A hammock.

You see the last time I went used my bivi bag rain somehow got in at the foot end even though I also had a tarp up. And although the shop replaced it I don't quite trust it so it seemed like a good idea to buy a hammock just in case :rolleyes:

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
nothing to do with bushcraft but i bought a bottle of courvoisier xo imperial the other day in a fit of idiocy. cost me £70 for what is basically a bottle of brandy lol

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
bought this today, like I need another pack but I couldnt resist all that old faded canvas and brown leather:rolleyes:

002-9.jpg

now all I need to do is figure out when I'll use it:dunno:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
A Snow Peak Ti cook set to loan to my friends little
angel-smiley-5110.gif
to take on their school camping trips and DofE course.

ti-cw-4pc-stowed.jpg

A pair of yellow Peli 1020 cases for the little
angel-smiley-5110.gif
phones, and for me, a black 1300 with foam liner, a 1030, a yellow Otterbox 2500, and 8000, and a pair of black 2000's.

Also bought a selection of laboratory vials 5ml to 125ml as waterproof storage containers for batteries, sewing needles, tablets, fishing hooks etc. The little
angel-smiley-5110.gif
like their Nalgene and Stewart Sealfresh containers for their gear and cooking ingredients, so they'll be raiding these too.
happy0054.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE