Whats your latest impulse buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
Las night I got a little inebriated and ordered one of these
516843445185.png

http://www.teamio.co.uk/shop/articl...agon-wood-stove.html?shop_param=cid=5&aid=83&
Interesting . . .

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I made a bad mistake in looking at the 4sevens shop, one Quark 123 on it's way. A definite "I really need that" moment :)

Then I had a peak at Lighthound and ended up ordering some AW batteries, a charger, several GITD thingy's and some Paracord :D

This tinternet thing is evil, waaaaaay to easy to use your spendies, I think it's all the pretty pictures.....must resist!!!!!

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
paracord.....lots of it....... 13 braclets some lanyard knots 5 lanyards one 6 inch square knot later i have 4 x 7 foot lengths left and the blisters from the rest.
£25 worth knitted plated woven and twisted in to items i have no use for lol well it killed a few days at least :)

Dozza

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2010
Hants
Pait of cheapo gaiters from Go Outdoors for £5; would have been ideal in the snow for keeping boots clear while shovelling the drive. Only trouble is I don't know how to use them. There seems to be a hook to attach to the first lace on the boot and there are two loops on opposite sides around the bottom and a lace that goes through them. What do I do with that then?

I also got an allegedly half price fleece for £20 and some cheapo gloves for £2.

None of these things were on my shopping list; damn "offers".

They also do wind up head torches for £3 but fortunately they were sold out.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Pait of cheapo gaiters from Go Outdoors for £5; would have been ideal in the snow for keeping boots clear while shovelling the drive. Only trouble is I don't know how to use them. There seems to be a hook to attach to the first lace on the boot and there are two loops on opposite sides around the bottom and a lace that goes through them. What do I do with that then?

That would be the instep lace...it goes under your boot, tying at one side to hold the gaiter down and keep the tension between hem and boot to stop stuff getting in under the hem.
Some designs use wire and buckle for longer life, others use shock cord and hooks for speed - but a lace is most common and lasts well enough.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Not totally an impulse buy, I'd been considering it for a while, but on Sunday I decided I wanted one and thought screw it and bought it on Monday. The wife was less than pleased :)

nikon-d3000-ra-450.jpg

I'll be posting shortly to beg someone to tell me how to use it :D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
This is a good thread for me, but since all my buys are impulse buys I'd be always posting. I see something I like then spend anything up to 1 month pursuading myself I need it. It is up to 1 month because as soon as payday has gone that's when all resistance disappears and I buy the item(s)!

My last one was some feet for my gas stove cans for stability then for no obvious logical reason I bought a UL meths stove and windshield which is my new favourite stove to use. Which made the can feet a wasted purchase but it was already in my online shopping basket. Damm this online shopping. it is just soooo easy. I am resisting a paypal account well though. I also got a spice thingy that is light but carries 3 different spices or herbs. Considering I only boil in the bag on a backpacking trip why?

Before that I bought mitts, softshells, tents, tarps, drybag rucksacks, Ti pegs, stoves, stoves, stoves, pots, stoves, pots, sporks, long handled Ti Spoons, sleeping bags, gloves, hats, gloves...

Do you get the idea? I see it, I want it, I procrastinate, I buy it, I regret it, I receive the delivery, I open it, I play with it, I put it away and forget I have it. All I can say I have a house with many spare rooms that I can not get into anymore. Why do we buy so much gear? I admit I need help, but only to help me carry the new stuff home!! :D

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
please dont get me started on impulse buys cos there is few things i want

like exped dry bags
eight litre dutch oven even tho i have a four litre
a 80-130 karimor sf rucksack
apache conoue
21 foot corrbee sailing yatch
to enrol on the RYA yachtsmasters year long training course

drew

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Just bought a 1970 issue german three piece canteen cup mess set and a 1945 issue us canteen cup Dirt cheap. SWMBO isn't going to be impressed with my bargain hunting though!

I'm running out of hiding space in the house now. think I'll have to win the lottery and buy a bigger house to hide my stuff in!

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
When it comes to impulse buys all I can say is I'm glad I don't trust online buying from overseas yet. If I ever make that first purchase from USA I know I'll end up with too much of those UL kit from those little US cottage industry types.

Someone said they'd need the lottery to buy a bigger house to hide purchases in, well I'm sure SWMBO has been hiding her own purchases. Garages and sheds for our stuff, wardrobes and drawers and cupboards for her's I bet. ;)

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Can I ask about the argos axe? Is it worth getting if you don't have an axe? Does it count as an impulse buy if you don't need it and are unlikely to use it but still want it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE