What's with the spam?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

halo

i got it too,not been here long but must admit i'm intrigued by the mears thing
or is that to be taken with a pinch of salt too?

halo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
halo said:
i got it too,not been here long but must admit i'm intrigued by the mears thing
or is that to be taken with a pinch of salt too?

halo

A pinch of salt :rolleyes: Ray Mears has never taken legal action against Bushcraft UK. In the early days there was a warning shot across the bows about members using his name on the forum but that was it. As for people being allowed to make negative comments about him we try hard to make sure that it doesn't happen to people...it's a fine balance, most members want the right to say what they want about people but are quite happy to have a good moan if something is written that they don't like.

Anyway, back to the point....Yep, with a pinch of salt...

H

halo

thank's for making that clear to everyone tony and as with anything else that goe's awry on these hallowed pages it was delt with swiftly and profesionaly :thanks:

halo

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Wow... what a flash in the pan... :rolleyes:

This ladies and gents is the internet. Nothing to see here, carry on! :nono: :D :lmao:

Anyway... I am hoping for some snow on Sat! :D Get into the woods after work and try out a couple of knives. If I get the time. You good people planning anything this weekend? :D

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
halo said:
i'm intrigued by the mears thing or is that to be taken with a pinch of salt too?

pinch of salt, plenty of pepper and long slow roast, no need to baste as he has a good layer of fat all round anyway

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Spam is possibly one of the most annoying aspects of using t'internet.

However, much as it cheeses me off, there's one thing that annoys me more....

Folk who go to allsorts of silly lengths to avoid it.

I've lost count of the number of forum posts or usenet postings I've tried to respond to by e-mail, only to discover that I either have to decode someone's very witty phoneticly spelt version of their address, remove a telephone book's worth of text from their addy or employ some sort of arcane intiuition to work out exactly how to get a message through to them.

Result is, these days I don't bother. If I can't hit "reply" and have the mail go where I want.. I figure people don't want the answer to their question badly enough.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
bothyman said:
Just got an email from The Canvas Repair Centre.

I wonder if they could make me one of those Canvas Canoe Packs ??? people are talking about .
Does anyone have a pattern for one??

MickT

Yes, and I am still planning to do a tutorial on making one if the chaos ever lets up.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE