whats the best brand of disposable lighters in UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

mike1984

The best lighters i have used are COYOTE brand disposable lighters. They can be bought 8 for £1 in some shops and can also be bought on ebay.co.uk 5 for £1.29 including p&p. These are by far the highest quality cheap flint lighter available. alot better than BIC's aswell as you can see the gas level and can be refilled,flint repaired if you have the skill and you can turn the gas valve to make a turbo-flame.

E

ex member coconino

I found a "disposable" lighter in the park last summer which has a built-in LED torch, which works very well. It's refillable and has been reliable since. No idea of the brand, there's no markings. Like DavidJT above I wrap the lighter in slices of bicycle inner-tube as emergency tinder.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I've had a Tokai disposable with a safety catch (childproof?) under it's gas button in my SAK pouch for almost ten years now.
I have never used it for it's intended purpose, I just test it every once in a while.
The lighter impresses me because in all this time it has not leaked any gas.
The same amount is in it as it was on day one, it's well made with good seals.
This sort of lighter is the one I would buy, they keep for years and are always ready.
German made, http://www.tokai-at-igro.com/en/.
Happy trails...torc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE