What's missing on the site?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I made a post titled what veg are you growing this year only a day or so ago in homestead and it's completely disappeared today. So it's missing from this site! Can a mod please find it and get it back. Thank you very much.
I've been trying to find this. I read it late one night and intended to add a comment on the morning. I was beginning to think old age or insanity had at last caught up with me.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Would You please stop that immediatly?

You can write reports about Your trips.
You can load up pictures.
You can tell the others about Your job.
You can load up films.
You can write about what you can afford. You can do what you want.

And I can do what I want.

And it would be very nice if You stop telling me, what I should do.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've been trying to find this. I read it late one night and intended to add a comment on the morning. I was beginning to think old age or insanity had at last caught up with me.
I was wondering if I'd dreamed posting it myself thanks for confirming that I did. Mods please can you tell us what's happened. I'm not sure I could have deleted a whole thread even accidently. It did vanish overnight. Help please. Thanks

Reactions: Erbswurst

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Would You please stop that immediatly?

You can write reports about Your trips.
You can load up pictures.
You can tell the others about Your job.
You can load up films.
You can write about what you can afford. You can do what you want.

And I can do what I want.

And it would be very nice if You stop telling me, what I should do.
Owh put your toys back in the pram mate. This is a BUSHCRAFT forum... not a KIT ADVICE forum. Please if your interest is only in hiking perhaps you should go to a hiking forum. it's beginning to feel like one long lecture on the pros and cons of any named bit of kit.
You may be an expert for all anyone knows but seriously? You have a right to do what you want???????? It makes you sound arrogant. Not that I'm saying you are, but do try and join in a bit instead of lecturing
Some of your posts have good information but we don't need a million links to every bit of kit going.
Love and peace.

Reactions: Nice65 and Nomad64

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I didn't read it, but I have seen it.

I think, writing about vegetables isn't PC, and it was deleted in the morning.

:p

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Sorry. I have the Impression, you don't know the reason, why I wrote it in #43.

You probably would write something pretty similar, if somebody would tell you below every third comment totally OT what you should do in his opinion.

If you aren't interested in kit, don't read my comments about it, and use what you have and have a nice day!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
@Nice65

Sorry, I did a fault.

I didn't mean you.

It's to late to delete it here.

You are right, but you misunderstood me.
I can of course pay that.
And I am using this forum a lot.

But I meant everybody else, people who don't use that forum so often.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
The vegetable thread appears to have vanished into limbo, or the ether, or something. There were two threads, identical, and an attempt was made to merge them, now I can't find either one. I have posted a question to the mods who did the merging to see if they know where they went.

As for the rest...:rolleyes3::grouphug:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The vegetable thread appears to have vanished into limbo, or the ether, or something. There were two threads, identical, and an attempt was made to merge them, now I can't find either one. I have posted a question to the mods who did the merging to see if they know where they went.

As for the rest...:rolleyes3::grouphug:
Thank you very much for that info about the thread. Began to think I'd dreamed I posted it.!

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi Tony,

I enjoy using the forum, it has a lot to offer enthusiasts and I can't think of too much that needs to change.

The one thing that I would like to flag up is about membership. I'm not a member but am interested in signing up and giving a little bit back. The problem is that I can't see how I go about doing it! There used to be a link located around the full member area which took you to an application page but it seems to have disappeared?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
@ Woody girl

I didn't actually delete the two threads, but I believe it's still my fault.
I tried to merge them, but the new forum is still a conundrum to me. I had gotten used to vBulletin and Xenforo is another ball game entirely.
So, I asked in the Mods if anyone knew how to fix it, and the Admin reply was yes, and I was given instructions how to do it.
However, by the time I got to it another Mod/Admin had had a go, and suddenly we can't find either of the two threads, and none of us are quite sure why not..

The Boss has been very ill recently, and is just home from hospital. We're hoping his recovery goes well, but no one's in the notion to pester him over sussing this one just now.

So, for the meantime, all I can do is say I'm sorry but that both threads appear to be AWOL, and hopefully they might be retrieved, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you're up for starting the thread again, please do :)

atb,
M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Thanks for letting me know. I hope it can be found again. Willing to wait a while if nessasary. But may start it up again . Seems to be the story of my life at present... things going missing! :( I ordered my first ever thing online through etsy.. a rucksack that I had been searching for years for that I ordered on 6 april in time for easter from france has gone missing. Neither seller nor etsy nor post office seem bothered. I always said I'd never order on line... wish I had stuck to my guns. Now I'm £50 down and no pack.:(
Bit down about it as I saved for it for several months so I gotta start over again. Now my thread has gone missing.:( I give up! :) anyway cheers for letting me know.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you for being so understanding :)

I'm really sorry to hear about the rucksack though; did you pay by paypal or by credit card ? Either method comes with some insurance. It's why we ask people to use paypal on the site, even though it does have fees, because it comes with insurance of either the goods as advertised or your money back.

Hopefully it'll turn up though.

What rucksack was it ? .....I have some minding that it was a vintage one that you'd used a fair while ago though.

I admit that I buy online all the time, and truthfully have very rarely had a problem. Here's hoping that that lasts :)

M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yes it was the vintage style pack like John Fenna made. I got over excited when I found it as I'd only just posted a thread about it.
Ah well! Put it down to experience .
If anyone has one for sale, wait a month or two for me to save up again then let me know.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE