Whats in your wash kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Toothbrush, toothpaste, home made insect repellent soap, travel towel, baby wipes, loo roll, hand steri-gel, deodorant (roll on/small spray or crystal) .

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
What's the deal with the pine tar soap? Is there a particular reason, ie is there a benefit to using it or is it just personal preference?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Tar soap smells good, helps against superficial inflammations and masks the fact that you ran out of toilet paper and the leaves on hand are too small......
:)

A slight anti mosquito effect too.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
it also lets you be in nature without smelling human and scaring away animals with your scent, it is also great for eczema and other skin issues and there is no better soap on the planet for avoiding things like athletes foot or crotch rot, makes you smell like you have been mating with pine trees too like some sort of man-bear-ent

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
best to make it yourself mate costs a bloody fortune at around £5 for a 200g bar , Stupidly Simple do a great soap and way better value than most online i've been able to find

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
Just spent a warm week in the woods and ill be honest the wet wipes routine quickly lost its appeal.
What do folks havd in their wash kit ( small enough to fit in a pack and carry)

There's nowt worse, in its way, than using wet wipes before shaving and realising (or not) that you've left little strands of tissue snagged all over your beard stubble.

Mine has pocket mirror, razor, spare blades, shaving brush, face flannel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, nail brush, nail clippers, nail file, nail brush, tweezers, scissors, sticking plasters, antiseptic cream, aspirin/anti-inflammatory tabs, plus insect repellent and anti-anaphylaxis tablets in season when wasps are about.

Nick.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
There's nowt worse, in its way, than using wet wipes before shaving and realising (or not) that you've left little strands of tissue snagged all over your beard stubble.

Mine has pocket mirror, razor, spare blades, shaving brush, face flannel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, nail brush, nail clippers, nail file, nail brush, tweezers, scissors, sticking plasters, antiseptic cream, aspirin/anti-inflammatory tabs, plus insect repellent and anti-anaphylaxis tablets in season when wasps are about.

Nick.

You have your pet mule with you?

Why shave? Stubble makes a good mosquito screen, it slowes them down....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE