Whats in your wash kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
this is what i carry.
utf-8BV2luY2hlc3Rlci0yMDE0MDIwNS0wMDQ2NS5qcGc_zpsf00ff3bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

utf-8BV2luY2hlc3Rlci0yMDE0MDIwNS0wMDQ2Ny5qcGc_zps9c5c91b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I used wet wipes for a day or so before and found them awful, didnt work for me at all.
Louis

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
If you are going to be in one place for a while, you could try making some natural deodorant from goose grass/cleavers.

Just boil a handful in water for 15 mins, allow to cool and dab on the pits and anywhere else you want to keep fresh.

I've been trialing "eau de hedgerow" for a couple of weeks now as part of the Wildlife Trust's #30Dayswild challenge and there have been no complaints from Mrs Nomad so far.

I was a bit nervous about wearing it for a physio session which required a 4 mile walk to the hospital on a hot humid day. If the physio noticed something untoward, she was professional enough not say anything - or to gag or run screaming! :yikes:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140124&p=1752595#post1752595

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I carry an antibacterial soap bar, an exfoliation glove, tooth brush and minty tooth paste (clean teeth makes me feel alive! :lmao:) and thats really about it. I don't shave if I'm out. If I'm with a group, which is very rare, I will also take non-scented deodorant.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Soap bar, toothpaste, tooth brush, wet wipes, nail clippers, small scissors, mirror, razor & shaving foam, alcohol hand gel, moisturizer..

Mostly what i carry in my wash kit there, depending on where i'm going, the weather etc.. i might take more or less.

Tonyuk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Soap, tooth brush & paste, comb, razor, hand gel and if near lots of water a tactical black poof. :)

Thread also reminded me of Japanese wash cloths by Salux. Haven't tried one... but 3' feet long and flat so look better than a poof for getting to more awkward places like your back.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I turn my alum crystal into solution. Any alum rock big enough to hold has lots for alum in it than you need, and the whole wetting the rock thing means you waste the mineral. The other thing I found is that the surface of the rock can pick up bacteria and end up smelling, which in turn transfers to my skin. Crushed crystal in water in a spray bottle, and a tiny bag of extra crystals works well.

J-Cloth. Works as a towel and flannel for several weeks before it gets too tatty. Anti-bacterial. VERY fast drying. Can absorb a lot of water relative to its own mass. I use one to rinse and dry myself ahead of any other towel. Helps stop the main towel from becoming a soggy. Only problem is that the smooth surface, which helps with fast drying, does not scrub the skin very effectively. After about three or four days you can really start wishing for something with more "tooth" to clean your face with.

Testing an E-Cloth, cut in half and edge bound. The texture is much scrubbier and will totally clean your face without soap, but a lot slower to dry than the J-Cloth. Not specifically antibacterial (I think). So far I have found that carrying half (may go down to a quarter) of such a cloth is worth while on anything more than a week trip, but testing is still in progress.

Comb = moustache comb, much smaller and lighter. Used when nearing civilisation again.

Razor = usually a Gillet Sensor Excel with the handle sawn off to about 1.75". Hard thing is how to carry so that the parts that clip into the blade down't get broken. I have a tiny Nalgene type bottle which can take the handle and one blade.

Hand cream and sun cream for a week or two fit into a contact lens case.

Mirror was one that I found at The Body Shop. Folding aluminium case which allows it to stand up by itself.

Travel soap, but sometimes also a small piece of Detol hand soap.

On longer trips I thrown in a few chlorine tablets to help cold water clean things like wash cloths and socks.

So long as I am outdoors for fun, I prefer to feel comfortable and a quick wash every morning, a shave every other day and a hair wash every three days keeps me that way.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
My personal hygiene kit contains home made pine tar soap, nail brush, tooth brush and tooth paste kept in a cloth bag

My cook kit has a 50ml bottle of washing up liquid and a non stick scourer and lives inside my pan stack inside my woodgas stove

My med kit has alcohol wipes and spray hand sanitiser for cleaning wounds kept inside my med kit

My toilet kit has wet wipes in with bog roll and a lighter and a trowel kept inside a roll top dry bag

That's everything i carry related to keeping me and my things clean

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
My personal hygiene kit contains home made pine tar soap, nail brush, tooth brush and tooth paste kept in a cloth bag

My cook kit has a 50ml bottle of washing up liquid and a non stick scourer and lives inside my pan stack inside my woodgas stove

My med kit has alcohol wipes and spray hand sanitiser for cleaning wounds kept inside my med kit

My toilet kit has wet wipes in with bog roll and a lighter and a trowel kept inside a roll top dry bag

That's everything i carry related to keeping me and my things clean

Why do you keep a lighter with your toilet kit?
Entertainment while .......?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Burn the bog roll before dropping the flaming ashes into my cat hole and burying them with my turd

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Folding toothbrush, travel size toothpaste, travel size wet wipe pack, travel size baby wash (if more than 2 nights), loo paper, hand sanitizer.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Bar of soap... tube of toothpaste... toothbrush... baby wipes... loo roll... flannel... plastic bowl.

I'm tempted to add camera as I'd love to snap the faces of people who catch me washing my pits :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
My browser decided to post this twice with a two minute gap... how does that even happen?!?! :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE