Whats in your bugout bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nokia_aid

Apr 13, 2011
herefordshire
in mine i have a 45litre army issue bag
bd03d10f.jpg

bcb cooking system
potassium iodide
a tarp
machete
becker bk7 knife
Becker BK2
wind up/solar radio
head torch
batteries
duct tape
first aid kit
web tex gloves
web tex sewing kit
web tex surviva pura water filtering canteen
inline water filter
water purification tablets
jet flame lighter
matchs
firesteels
camping cutlery set
sas survival book
multi tool
mess tins
hex cooker
fishing kit
snare wire
craghopper winterlined trousers
warm hat
baloclava
foil blankets
emergency foil shelter
paracord
aaa maglight
portable usb charger
bcb survival bag thing
glow sticks
binoculars
flares

Iv also got a bugout utility belt which has
aa00255f.jpg

bk7 becker knife
bk 13 knife
becker necker bk14
gerber multitool
web tex surviva pure water bottle
paracord
poncho
firesteel
jet flame lighter
glow sticks
head torch
binoculars
small first aid kit
pen knife
sewing kit
signal mirror
wind up solar radio
fishing kit
snare wire
head torch
flares

also guns if needed are weirach hw45 with .177 and .22 barrel and a hw80 .22 rifle

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Nice kit - is that just for yourself, or do you have dependants?

Noidea and I were talking recently about data. Photocopies of passports, birth certificates and the like, and digital copies on USB or some other media. In real bug out situations these kind of preps have been reported to be extremely valuable.

nokia_aid

Apr 13, 2011
herefordshire
oh theres also a hand chansaw in the bag and a wire saw in the belt,thats all just for myself, dont have any dependants,never really though about the ids thats something im going to have to add

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Lots of folks on here suggest that wire saws and hand chainsaws are junk. The obvious answer is a rigid folding hand saw like the Bahco Laplander as promoted by Uncle Ray, and used by hundreds of people on here - if you're minted go for a Silky.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Mill bank bag would be good as when water purification tablets run out you can filter and boil
Also alot of blades but no sharpening device?
Instead of a crusader stove and hexi stove why not add a billy can so you can cook over the fire long term

This kit would last a while, and if needed will be invaluable but things can be swapped for longer term situations :)

Alot of nice kit and really like the bag! :D

nokia_aid

Apr 13, 2011
herefordshire
ahh excellent,i just bought a Bahco Laplander,i do have a few sharpening stones in there,thats another thing i missed off the list,the belt as two small tones in it but the bag has a larger stone,it is an excellent bag,i bought two of them i was that impressed with it,i got them off a customer of mine brand new with waterproof liner to put in there for £30 delivered each which i thought was a bargain,

need to look at some billy cans and put my sleeping bag in there next. and i thought i had it all covered,lol

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I believe a 12cm zebra billy can fits in the same size pouch as the crusader cook system so it could go onto the pack :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Don't have one packed right now but seeing as how hurricane season has started it's time I packed this year's bag. It will be standard Red Cross/government recommended packing list:

1. Food=3-5 days worth (canned or otherwise ready to eat)
2. Water=3-5 days worth (for me and the dogs)
3. Dog Food=3-5 days worth
4. Shot Records (mine and the dogs)
5. Meds=30 days worth with scripts
6. Spare glasses
7. Blanket or Sleeping Bag
8. Change of clothing
9. Important documents=deeds, insurance policies, etc. (may be secured in safe deposit box or mailed inland instead of carried)
10. Cash in small note denominations (ATMs will likely be off-line in power outage, so will credit/debit card scanners)
11. List of phone numbers to include off site family members to be notified of my location and safety (paper list as elec. will be out and batteries die)
12. Flashlight/Torch with spare batteries
13. Comfort items (playing cards, candies, etc.)
14. A4 bag to carry it in

Need to review the list; I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hurricane season.

That really puts this into perspective.

We don't know how well off we are over here to be honest.

Liam

forestwalker

I think that post-Katarina the one thing that people really needed to have brought was copies of *all* important documents. You can easilly replace stuff, but a paper that says that you are certified to do X? That is hard to fix. Same for things like photos, many people find those the hardest to loose.

As to BOB, I don't have one, but would when the zombies come I would most likely grab a knife, an axe, a blanket or two and a zebra billy. Then add tools (mocotaugan, augers i various sizes, cross-cut saw for cutting timber, carving axe, sharpening kit, etc). With that kind of kit I can in time recreate a home. Maybe a bow and some arrows, but I only have target points on the latter.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hurricane season.

That really puts this into perspective.

We don't know how well off we are over here to be honest.

Liam

IIRC last winter's snow/ice storms temporarily immobilized parts of the UK and Europe. There's some type of natural crisis possible almost everywhere. In last winter's case it seems the ability to be self sufficient for a few days in place (as opposed to bugging out) would have been preferable. But like the hurricane survivors here, most people will forget about it or shrug it off thinking it can never happen again. There needs to be a balance between the extremes of paranoia and denial. Denial (and lack of preperations) could be disaterous; paranonia WILL rob you of any enjoyment in life.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Last Winter was unusual but when I was a child it was normal to have severe Winters like that, things have changed a lot in the last thirty years.

Liam

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
IIRC last winter's snow/ice storms temporarily immobilized parts of the UK and Europe. There's some type of natural crisis possible almost everywhere. In last winter's case it seems the ability to be self sufficient for a few days in place (as opposed to bugging out) would have been preferable. But like the hurricane survivors here, most people will forget about it or shrug it off thinking it can never happen again. There needs to be a balance between the extremes of paranoia and denial. Denial (and lack of preperations) could be disaterous; paranonia WILL rob you of any enjoyment in life.

Yes, people who are constantly afraid that the sky is going to fall on their heads are kind of irritating. Personally I'm into stuff like preparation and assembling BOB's mostly because I enjoy it. Also, if anything did happen, and I hadn't made the basic precautions to keep my family and I alive through it, despite having the opportunities - I'd die cross.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE