Whats in your bag?

Jan 4, 2011
Warwickshire
Hello all,

Im a new member and Thought I'd start with a post to say hello. As I was cleaning my kit just now I wondered what do other Bushcrafters carry in there bags when they are out day to day?

Im always curious!

Adam

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Welcome to the forum.

My bag I have a Nato flask and crusader cup, whitebox stove and small flask of meths, compass, two snake bags, telescopic snake hook, coffee, some food and a few tissues. On my person I have a small FAK, knife and firesteel.

Jan 4, 2011
Warwickshire

This is my present bag contents, I dont normally carry the axe but I was foraging today.

Ad

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
For a day out I usually carry a stove of some sort, need to have at least one brew while I'm out or it doesn't feel right. I'll either carry a woodburner like a Bushcooker or Honey stove, or I'll take a little meths burner I've made or bought.

I'll take a titanium mug, a couple of 3-in-1 coffee sachets and a folding spoon, plus a 1L bottle of water and a few snacks.

Depending on what I'm out for I'll also take my camera or a set of binos and a notepad probably

law4dkr

Jan 2, 2011
Herts/Notts
Hey, its my first post too so I'll be watching this with interest. For my part, it depends what I'm doing but the constants include my knife, firesteel, water purification tablets, small first aid kit and a small waterproof survival kit like you used to get in the handles of survival knives - it weighs next to nothing and includes matches, fishing line, wire saw and a button compass.

Jan 4, 2011
Warwickshire
Thanks, at the minute I have two little projects training my puppy Oliver (which is a lot of work!) and a couple of freinds and I are having a go at making longbows and all that goes with them.

I carry the arrow heads as im looking to select shafts at the minute as a rookie to makes it easier to get the size right. We have finally managed to source some english yew that we haven't had to pay a fotune for! The compass is still in my bag as we went home for the weekend to the clocaenog forest in Wales. I always carry a couple of fire lighting methods. My Knife is made by Ben Orford, its his new trapper model, still new to me but a joy to use so far (on my belt when its appropriate).

Like to carry pen and paper make notes and sketch while Im out any thing from bird sightings to what I forgot to pick up from the supermarket! Would carry food and water if its a long day!

Ad

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE