Whats goin on here???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I look forward most evenings viewing and posting on Bcuk, But I have to say Its starting to do my ****ing head in not being able to get on line. And there never seems to be anything anywhere explaining why :confused: :confused:

Someone please explain...................

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Pete, like John says there is a lot of maintenance going on at the moment, we are also using more resource on the server than we should be (its a busy place you know ;)) these two things result in time outs when things get hot or there is work being carried out. The site should be moving to a new server in the next week or so, this should cure a lot of the problems of black out at peak times.
Hope that helps, sorry for the inconvenience.

TT

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
The Joker said:
oh didn't know it was broken:sadwavey:
Lol, nor did I mate, tis annoying when you have just written a long post and go to post it and you can't. Is it just me, or has that happened to anyone else...?

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Jon Pickett said:
Lol, nor did I mate, tis annoying when you have just written a long post and go to post it and you can't. Is it just me, or has that happened to anyone else...?

No your not on your own, it happened to me earlier on tonight, but I guess we will just have to be patient!:rolleyes:

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Me too.

As the site is blocked at work (most forums are) I've taken to taking a walk off to the library at lunchtime to go over the site a bit then.

Be glad when it's all running smoothly again. :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Trust me, so will the rest of us :rolleyes:
When the site gets busy I find my posts timeout so I've gotten into the habit of doing an Edit then Copy before hitting Send, and if I can't get it to post I hang onto it until I can get in again.
A bit of a pain, but it should all be resoved shortly and then we get a lot more room to play :D

cheers,
Toddy

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Naah...

One place where I worked (I was sys-admin) the director had a go at all the people using the web for forums, e-mail and the like. Shame he didn't keep his video-conference encrypted as I found out he was chatting to 2 thai `beauties` from amsterdam for a couple of hours a week ( he was using all the bandwidth on a slow connection and he asks me to find out why it was slow... :rolleyes: )

He didn't seem to be too bothered about work place internet activity after that :lmao:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Interestingly I can access the site on IE but firefox keeps telling me that the link is bad...is this going to be an ongoing problem as I tend to use firefox...???

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
stovie said:
Interestingly I can access the site on IE but firefox keeps telling me that the link is bad...is this going to be an ongoing problem as I tend to use firefox...???
Can't understand why your having problems with firefox, i'm using it at the moment and aren't having any problems whatsoever. Have you tried logging out and clearing your FF cookies before logging back in, that generally helps clear most problems. Meant to add, a CTRL+F5 might help refresh your browser and clear any "cached" bad pages.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Cracked it...cleared private data and managed to connect without any trouble...Ohhh the 21st Century is marvelous, innit :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE