Whats a really bright pressuer lantern ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Ive already got a Coleman Duel mantle lantern but was wondering whats out there that is brighter than a bright thing ?

Cheers

Paul

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I'd go for a tilley.

Obtainable at car boots from a fiver, spares readily available, and they're magnificent.

I am a little biased though.

S

steelyglint

Have a look at Optimus swedish made serious quality I have one that was given to me they are reaching £150 + on the bay of evil !

woodtramp

Sep 5, 2010
North Dakota
The problem with Coleman is they have quite making stuff and just put there name on stuff, I cant even find parts for my two lanterns, one needs a couple of parts but they have been "out of stock" for a couple of years, I called them and got a real rude person that acted like I was insane for asking for parts...sorry for the rant....I have 8 stoves from the 30's on and they all work great with a little maintenance, but lanterns are a bugger to fix without new factory parts.....

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
I had a Coleman lantern and two burner petrol stove I bought when I was 17 had them for about 25 yrs before I left them with my sister in Florida before I moved over here. Never had to fix anything except mantals. Have bought both overhere. I did have to send the stove back after to cought fire. It had a fuel leak.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE