what you got for christmas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steveme

Nov 5, 2008
Leeds
I'd already bought a Paul Baker knife (Graduate in medium Oak) as a present from me to me, and then my wife surprised me with a spoon knife and draw knife (frosts).

:)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Happy Xmas all! I got a pair of 8x21 compact binoculars, a nice "man bag" from my daughter (going to be very useful) and a multitool, not leatherman, but going to be put through it's paces! If its useful to me, I'll have a good excuse to get the real mcCoy :D

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Best pressie was spending happy time with family and seeing kids enjoying theirs.

Ollie is delighted with his DD travel hammock so thanks to folk on here who recommended it, he spent most of the afternoon snuggled up in there reading his new books then made a brew in his new hobo stove (thanks Russ aka Warthog 1981) then slept out in it last night.

As for me I got a new Hans Karlsson adze. Didn't play with it yesterday but I am off to play with it this morning.

well a couple of days early but we di have to take him back christmas day :rolleyes: cos hes broke (has a Blood problems needs UV lights his sister had the same and took 10 days to sort :( )

and hes a bit bruised cos he was pulled out with big plyers :eek:

Rowan 8lb 14oz

LO2.jpg

(ops sorry bit big)

have to do ( well start havent finished the last one yet ) another Knife now

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Only Bushcraft related thing I got were some panniers for my bike - I'm planning a cycle tour for the coming summer, full of wholesome Famous 5 corking fun, creamy rice pudding and lashings of ginger beer. Rather!

well a couple of days early but we di have to take him back christmas day :rolleyes: cos hes broke (has a Blood problems needs UV lights his sister had the same and took 10 days to sort :( )

and hes a bit bruised cos he was pulled out with big plyers :eek:

Rowan 8lb 14oz

LO2.jpg

(ops sorry bit big)

have to do ( well start havent finished the last one yet ) another Knife now

fantastic, congratulations to you all:D

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Bless that little fellow! Hope Mummy is felling a little better too. Wishing you all the very best.

I got a Lurcher bitch!

Swyn.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
I must not have been very bad this year. Not even ONE lump of coal! I'll have to work on that this next year.

But I did get a new pair of hand-knit red wool longjohns. But I think I messed up when I washed them. Mayhap I got the water a little too warm?

NewLongjohns1.jpg

NewLongjohns2.jpg

I could be wrong, but I don't think they are supposed to be this ... snug.

I hope the rest of the winter isn't TOO cold!

Mikey - that grumpier ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Congrats FGYT, those things are great when they are house trained but they will keep you up at night, and they're smelly, noisy, and will cost you an absolute fortune in the years to come. But boy are they fun and they will draw an odd "proud Dad" tear now and again, usually just before they have you pulling your hair out at them, and of course they will last a lifetime. Give the wife and little one a hug for the best present a man can get, in the words of a certain tv celeb "they're worth it".
Pressies, I got
silk sleeping bag liner, Granpas toasting fork. Spork, 600gb external HDD, and although I got it early a new digital SLR. A very happy bunny indeed!

J14

Aug 22, 2008
county durham
That must be a great present FGYT.

P.S I got maya sticks, spoon knife ans a sighned copy of RM outdoor survival handbook

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE