What trout?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Already been said, Brownys :) 100000%. And some nice sizes on them too! Fair play.

Red Devil,that is a CRACKING colored fish mate.

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
Already been said, Brownys :) 100000%. And some nice sizes on them too! Fair play.

Red Devil,that is a CRACKING colored fish mate.

I know, it's a belter, and a good size too - about a pound and a half to two pounds, which is terrific for a wild brownie in these parts.
It was caught from a small loch near my house which sits on the edge of a golf course.
The loch gets a lot of run-off water and the bottom is quite silty, so I'm assuming the colour in the fish is affected by the sometimes peaty nature of the water.
Whatever, it made my angling year!
PS I put him back to fight another day - couldn't kill such a beautiful creature unless I was starving to death in the wilds.
Steve

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Yeah id have launched him back too, couple of pictures first tho! But a 2lb brownie is a cracker ANYWHERE, never-mind just where you are. Good catch mate.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
brown trout pan fried in butter = best outdoors meal possible (run a close second by mackerel the same way)

matt

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
pbwbt.jpg

They can reach some pretty impressive sizes in running water (river Kennet above)...

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
She was a bit of a big girl... four and a half pounds we reckoned. A quick pic and slipped her back as I was grayling fishing at the time and a few days the wrong side of the closed season - I hasten to add, I didn't target the trout, just a fluke really.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
id say its pushing at more around the 3lb mark just going by that picture and years of experience catching em. But dont get me wrong, a 3lb wild brownie is a huge catch from a river. But ive never seen em' get upto 4lb. Still tho, id be mighty proud of that one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE