What to use for crimping brake cable?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I can't do it myself, can't even do it with rope but has any one made a loop in wire rope by splicing? For handles on billys and alike?

My old boss way back when I was doing some voluntary work for the Duke of Edinburghs office back in Chesterfield had been on barage balloons back in the war and could splice anything.

I once aquired some interesting looking metal spikes on a surplus tool stall and later discovered they were for splicing wire ropes, lethal looking things they are.

ATB

Tom

Weesi

Forager
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland
Sounds like marlin spikes Tom...
I think you get them in most sizes right up to scary big lol

Simon

I can't do it myself, can't even do it with rope but has any one made a loop in wire rope by splicing? For handles on billys and alike?

My old boss way back when I was doing some voluntary work for the Duke of Edinburghs office back in Chesterfield had been on barage balloons back in the war and could splice anything.

I once aquired some interesting looking metal spikes on a surplus tool stall and later discovered they were for splicing wire ropes, lethal looking things they are.

ATB

Tom

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire

My billy's crimped. But how about this for an eye splice in wire rope ?

mail.jpeg

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset

Along this line put a electrical slice on and then solder it. Should be strong.

shamal

Mar 13, 2010
Bolsover
if the cable has six strands unwrap in two halfs hold apart cross over ends just under half way up and rewrap following lay of strands loose ends can be bound with wire and will be very strong hope this helps pm and will try to send pics

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE