What to make?

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
with this lovely bit of Hawthorn, six inch rule added for scale

DSCN1509.jpg

No, i didnt fell the tree just to get this, it was a tree that had been previously taken down by a load of yobs and left where it fell, so, i figured id save as much of the timber as i could and make something good out of their idiocy.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Theres a lot of ritual significance to a May tree. Theres a carving in that trying to get out

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
you could make a promise log but taking the bark off and then carving in to the twisted bits the line

"to my beautiful wife ______ i promise to love care and protect you for ever and always"

and give your good wife or partner this as a romantic present

signed Drew's mum jean

ps he will probably kill me for this soppy suggestion but revenge is sweet

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
you could make a promise log but taking the bark off and then carving in to the twisted bits the line

"to my beautiful wife ______ i promise to love care and protect you for ever and always"

signed Drew's mum jean

:rofl::rofl:Brilliant.:)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'd be inclined to say a carving of a serpent coiled around something, as to me thats almost what it looks like anyway :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
What a gorgeous piece of wood.

Dunno what to make though, but it will probably just look special with the bark removed.

Just wondering whether splitting it lengthways and then carving out the inside of the spirals would give you a compartmented serving bowl - the kind of thing for serving nibbles at parties, only nicer. Beyond my skill, but maybe not yours.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex

signed Drew's mum jean

How about i make a promise log for Drew to give to you and he can tell me the promise he will make to you, that will be carved into it:)

Last edited:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I like it as it is also, but...
How about sawing it lengthways, removing the bark (or bark on might be better with stripped ash poles either side) and you would have two centre uprights to the back of two matching rustic chairs. A lot of work but would look great.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I like it as it is also, but...
How about sawing it lengthways, removing the bark (or bark on might be better with stripped ash poles either side) and you would have two centre uprights to the back of two matching rustic chairs. A lot of work but would look great.

Now there's an idea:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE