What to do with whisky whimberries?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I've just bottled off my whimberry whisky and I'm left with the alcohol soaked berries to deal with now. Apart from freezing them in small batches to eat with icecream or apple crumble over the winter is there anything I should try with them? In the past I've added various soaked berries to other alcohol to see what that creates but nothing has ever been very drinkable.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Buy a little package of 10 cm cocktail toothpicks. Freeze all the berries on a sheet then bag them up to be used instead of ice cubes in drinks. I use frozen grapes.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Well I tried a spoonful with a bit of good quality dark chocolate and that was very tasty. I'm not sure about the logistics of coating them in chocolate now but it's definitely worth a look.
Flapjacks are a good idea but my wife says she might be able to make me some muffins with them instead, with maybe some apple or chocolate added to the mix.
Freezing them has been interesting as they contain enough 'anti-freeze' that they stay soft and edible.
The actual whisky has ended up a very dark red and possibly a touch sweet. It'll be a good winter warmer on a cold walk but I'll use less sugar next time I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE