What to do when it's raining?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
So, my overnighter is planned for this weekend. Looks like the weather is still going to be a bit rough and rainy.

In case we can't rely on conversation alone lol what do people do when the weather gets crappy?

Build the fire up share a few drinks and tell jokes etc. Much the same as when you go down the pub.

When the conversation lulls just sit and watch the bush tv :)

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Go home.

Only joking! Just enjoy the time out there and don't let the rain put you off doing things you'd normally do, just make sure you have plenty of cover to do them under :)

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Always something to do, count sheep, listen to owls, laugh at the rain, play patience on your phone, read a book, sort your kit, make something....... have fun I was out on wed night in the bad weather and was fine.

All the best

John :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I had planned this weekend away, but cancelled last night after looking at the BBC and met office forecast for Brecon. I'm not just a good weather camper as some here know, but when there are only two of you torrential rain does put the dampers (excuse the pun) on things. Next week I hope:)

PS, its peeing down here in Abernant just now (after a very heavy hail storm earlier) :(

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Will tell you on Sunday- Away to the Cairngorms tomorrow and none of my usual suspects can make it. Have my iPhone and a good book, with plenty of whiskey and a lovely warm sleeping bag... sure I'll cope, despite the snow forecast.. (i hope)

tjwuk

Nomad
Apr 4, 2009
Cornwall
I was going to say 'make out' as they say over the pond. But thinking about who I usualy go with thats not a option! lmao.

I sometimes take a lightweight project with me, but have in the past brushed up on knots etc.

W

woodlanduk

The more Severe the weather the better cold, wet, wind, snow.with the correct equipment and training you should have no problems so just enjoy it.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
No such thing as bad weather...just bad planning :red:

you have no control over the first...only your imagination limits the second...Get out and enjoy...

Don't forget, your skin is waterproof, easily dried infront of a fire...

Half the fun is setting up camp to expect all eventualities...

Enjoy the weekend, whatever occurs...life is too short to miss the opportunities

pothanger.jpg

S

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Put on my waterprofs and carry on as per normal - I do live in Wales so if I stopped for rain I would never get anything done!
I am known as a "Rain god" as clouds follow me to every Meet.....

thatch

Feb 17, 2007
Norway
If you have a tarp with you, there is nothing as relaxing as sitting under your tarp and just listening to the rain while you whittle/carve a spoon or walking stick or just about anything else. Read a book. Sitting inside a tent can get a bit boring. I like to sit outside and just enjoy nature. Good or bad

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
HAHAHA!

I convince a couple of mates to come camping Sat - Sun this weekend. We knew it was gonna rain, just not that much!!!

We sat under the trusty DD 3x3 tarp and had a good old natter, made some dinner, and drank loads of tea!

Gonna try another one for Dec 18th if anyone is interested (East Sussex Peeps).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE