What the hell was all that about then..........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Just thought I would tell you this, it happened to me today:

Today, I have had to do a lot of paper work, fine, ok, I can handle that. So, after being sat in front of the computer all morning, I was naturally starting to feel a bit of cabin fever coming on. So I thought that I would take the dogs out, get away from the computer, emails and phone calls but I thought it best to take my mobile as I was expecting a call from my friend Pete the Meat ( don’t ask). So off we went the three of us, Chin ( my dog) and collie ( my good lady’s dog) and my mobile.

So far so good.

Behind our house is a hill called Tickle Hill and Tickle is a bloody hill, believe me. I thought I would tackle the hill today head on, I thought to myself ‘ right. I am going to get to the top without stopping’ ( yeah right).
It is worth the hike up to the top as once you are up there you can look at over 5000 years of history and next to our home is a deserted medieval village, so it is wonderful when you get there. So, I charged up the hill, I wasn’t going to stop ( after watching SAS are you tough enough, I was inspired and feeling macho) as I got to the top the phone rang. It was a enquiry about an Arktis smock, fine. The only problem was, I was feeling like my lungs had exploded and I was trying to talk to the gentleman in a professional manner but I just couldn’t speak ( makes a change) I try to explain that I wasn’t dieing and he did offer to call an ambulance as he thought I was in trouble.

Now, at the same time as all this was going on, I could hear a rabbit squeaking it’s heart out, Chin, my dog, had caught a rabbit and chin being chin was very proud of the fact ( he was also feeling inspired after watching, SAS are you tough enough).
So, to recap, I was struggling to put a sentence together with a customer as I was out of breath and a rabbit was squeaking it heart out at the same time, so I tried to explain to the customer that I was up the top of a very steep hill and my dog had caught a rabbit and I am going to have to throw something at my dog so he will drop the rabbit.

So, I picked up a stick, aimed it at the dog, threw it, Chin dropped the rabbit, the stick missed Chin, hit the rabbit and killed it outright! How about that then!!

That was just taking the bloody dogs for a quite walk!

Anybody fancy coming on a expedition with me?.....!!!

Best wishes.

Jack.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack, I don't know if you're a Terry Pratchett reader, but I suspect you're an incarnation of Rincewind. Too,long to explain, but I'll send you a book if you're puzzled.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Justin Time said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack, I don't know if you're a Terry Pratchett reader, but I suspect you're an incarnation of Rincewind. Too,long to explain, but I'll send you a book if you're puzzled.

Oh Yeah :rolmao:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You'll just have to read the books jack :) .... If this carries on we'll have to stop you watching those SAS programmes Jack!!! or even better we'll sign you up for it..... well the audition anyway.

:)
Ed

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just goes to show that the art of stick throwing is indeed alive and well in Dorset.
"Hey, dad, DAD, there's a Woolly Mammoth out on the hill; quick get your gun..."

"now now son, calm down, no need to go OTT, pass me that pencil....over on the table there....No, the small one...good lad. Wait here, I'll be back in a few minutes with some fresh steak :wink: "

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I am sitting here this morning with nothing to do as nearly all the systems here are down.

But this has truely cheered me up.

Thanks guys this really is a great forum.

James

There back but I am still smiling :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE