What tents do you own, what's your favourite / least favourite, and why?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Vango event tent has arrived today. Put it up in the garden. It has ample space inside, looks very sturdy with 6x poles. Quite happy with it.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Umm I have/had a few too, I like/liked all of them for different reasons

Hilleberg akto(moved on) a great one man tent, but when my missus got into backpacking I moved in on to fund the Hilleberg nallo 2 so we could both use it together

Hilleberg Soulo(new, only had for a week) love it so far as is built for the mountains/snow which is where I live now. Photo was taken last night on its first outing :)

Hilleberg Nallo 2 (a favourite for years) great light tent for two people

Tentipi safir 9 (great fun winter tent)

Vango hurricane 200 (moved on) was great but we moved it on when we had our daughter and replaced it with a vango force 10 which we use for car camping as it is bigger and better for our family of 3 people

a vango force 10 mark 5 , this is my 3 year old daughters favourite . She always asks to bring the orange tent ( a great car camping tent with the missus and little un)

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have so many, most car boot finds.

(such as my Moot Bungalow, which I will have spent no less than six weeks in when I get back from my hols end of this month.)

I have two force 10s, a standard Mk 3 (2 man) and a Mk 2 (1 man)

I also have a Banshee (never used) and a vango dome tent (again never used, its to replace my weekend tent when it wears out)

My weekend tent is a Urban Escape Sukhoi (said to be a 3 man, but only if you are into troilism) Not a brilliant tent, (it refuses to pack into its bag, a bad trait in any tent) but has a big porch (an essential)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
My current favourite and has been for some time is the pro action tiger paws tent I got for £3 from a charity shop. Light and small to carry, goes up quickly, and for extra space to sit and cook under I rig a tarp.

Seadog

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2013
United Kingdom
20+ year old Terra Nova Quasar - my original motorcycle tent
Terra Nova Solo - small and quick to erect
Golite hex3 uber light (but not very waterproof from underneath)
Tenttipi safir 9 (winter or when expecting bad weather)
Canvas tarp

on shopping list Ooknest for the Golite

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Blacks Icelandic

FullRig.jpg

Blacks Icelandic & similar 10' x 8' patrol, flysheeted overall,

That takes me back to my boy-scout days, great tents. If I had a spare £500 and a few volunteers to help carry one (or a bigger car and or trailer) I could be sorely tempted :)

murpharoo

Jun 1, 2012
Worcestershire
A few of mine...

Z Packs Hexamid
R0017812.jpg

Six Moons Designs Refuge X
R0018851.jpg

Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo
facebook_-1696095026jpg.jpg

MYOG Cuben Tarp... 90g all in :)
Cubentarp.jpg

Gossamer Gear Spinn Shelter
campbelowRSMor2600x341.jpg

My other heavier tents sadly don't see much use now ....

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I only have two tents, both old and small; the Robert Saunders Fell Packer I bought new in 1978 or 9 for £70.00, a big lump of money for me back then, and the second is a Robens Cloud 2 which I got in a trade on this forum earlier this year. I love 'em both even though I'm a tarp dweller by preference. They're both as good as new, and here they are a couple of days ago. They've been up for the past two weeks in heavy rain and sometimes strong-ish and gusty winds............both perfectly stable and dry as a bone............all the best, mac

IMAG0277.jpgIMAG0278.jpgIMAG0279.jpgIMAG0280.jpgIMAG0281.jpgIMAG0282.jpgIMAG0283.jpgIMAG0284.jpgIMAG0285.jpgIMAG0286.jpgIMAG0287.jpg

Seadog

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2013
United Kingdom
:The Saunders is a blast from the past - had a girlfriend back then with one- great little tent. How is it holding up, I am not sure that my 20+ year old Quasar is not a little brittle due to loss of plasticizer from the fibres.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The saunders is 100% still, I've used it a great deal every year and it's as good as new - wonderful tent and not all that much heavier than the new stuff......it's also great to use fly-only as a tarp tent....atb mac

Catfish1972

Feb 11, 2013
London
I have lots of tents.

I have a couple of one-man tents, Hilleberg Akto and Hilleberg Unna, that I've recently bought but have yet to use. I hope to write some reviews once I've given them a test drive in appropriate conditions (and knowing me, I'll probably buy the Soulo as well, just to make sure I haven't missed out on anything).

My two-man tents are all Terra Nova Quasars - a heavy duty, normal and superlite (I'm looking to sell two of these, so PM me if you are interested).

My three man tent is a Hilleberg Saivo. I took it on my most recent expedition to Sumatra and it was truly excelent. It's a bit heavy at a touch over 5kg (including the footprint) but it kept us dry throughout some pretty foul weather. We got caught in a serious tropical downpour and I slept soundly, only occasionally feeling sorry for our friends a bit further up the valley who were sleeping under plastic and leaves!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE