What size drybag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I have a ukhammocks underblanket and am wondering what size drybag to buy for it. It has been overstuffed by 100g so there is 600g insulation in total.

I think it's either going to be a medium or large exped dry bag but if anyone has one or can confirm this then that would be great :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Err on the larger side, it makes packing easier. The UQ and top insulation compress together nicely in the pack with loose stuff sacks.

My 800g full length UQ goes nicely in a 10l stuff sack, which then squashes down in the bottom of the pack to about 1" thickness.

I don't use full drybags for my UQ-a silnylon or coated nylon stuff sack keeps my down unsulation dry and clean.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I use vaccum storage bags off ebay; the ones with a valve to store my hammock insulation and to get them really small I use the deflate port on my canoe pump (when canoeing).
However by sitting on the bag they can be got quite small too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE