What,s in your wallet or purse

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Money in a wallet / purse is becoming a rarity due to the Fantastic Plastic Era.We carry some ,what else can you carry. I carry the following;, cheque, 10 pound,s, public phonecard, photo ID, multitool, sewing kit and safety pins ,plasters and BUTTERFLY STITCHES,stamps, alcohol wipes and some dental floss.cheers FIL

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
erm................... reciepts assorted cards for everything under the sun, and not a shred of anything remotely bushcrafty. The wallet goes to the bottom of the bag when I go on my bushcrafting jaunts and gets forgotten about, for me its a tie to the boring 'real' world and has no place on my adventures.

Mr Strop

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
Credit card,cash bus pass and a credit card size survival tool usual multi function type but with reasonable button compass and red LED light built into the case just 99p
Dave.

Kiamyr

Tenderfoot
Sep 25, 2005
Western Europe
"credit card size survival tool usual multi function type"

Yeah I got a similar thing too, comes in handy actually. Don't forget to remove it when boarding a plane, easily forgotten item;)

F

Fungi

Well I carry all the above as well as, Swiss Card (always remember to remove this before attempting to catch a plane!!! oops!), I also have a 'secret compartment' that contains around £40 in not to be touched emegency cash (this is always in Scottish notes..... not sure why, but is traditional now.), and 3 fish hooks....just in case!!!!!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Maxed out credit cards. Bank cards for empty accounts. Loyalty cards and lots of VAT receipts for diesel fuel :( .

BTW, My wallet is leather.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Credit card, £20 pound note, COSTCO card, nat trust memb card, Driving licence, Homebase card, recipts, video card.
Wallet made of silver duct tape.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
filcon said:
Money in a wallet / purse is becoming a rarity due to the Fantastic Plastic Era.We carry some ,what else can you carry. I carry the following;, cheque, 10 pound,s, public phonecard, photo ID, multitool, sewing kit and safety pins ,plasters and BUTTERFLY STITCHES,stamps, alcohol wipes and some dental floss.cheers FIL
FAC, Credit / debit cards, dental floss, unlubricated condom, puritabs, plaster, alcohol wipe, breast milk bag.

Im my pocket, turbo lighter

On my keys, paracord keyring, thunderer whistle, leatherman micra

On my belt, Case holding Letherman charge, Mag solitaire, ferric rod, fisher space pen and mini silva compass

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

It stays on me when out and about with full kit: two is one and one is none!

Red

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
filcon said:

Debit card, $20 (USD), badge, ID card, drivers license, AAA card, frat. odr of police card, business cards. By way of "survival gear," around my neck I carry a tiny compass. In my pocket I carry a match container and a WWII US Navy pocket knife. When off duty, I also carry a cell phone, 9 mm CZ-75, mace, and handcuffs.

PG

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've in mine:
Passport, drivers licence, uni ID card, bank card, insurance card (as in NHS), discount card for an outdoor shop :D, Medlook card (medical data), 10 & 20 Euro note, 5.34 Euro in coins :rolleyes: , lubricated condom (you never know when you need a water carrier), A4 paper with confirmation of my uni exam enrolment, copy card to make copies from notes my fellow students made for when I skipped a class :p

In my jacket I carry a small flashlight, public transport card (free travelling trough the whole country :D - big thank you to the dutch government :You_Rock_ :yikes: :p ), orange whistle, another water carrier ;), some sweets, a lighter, bic pen, swiss army knife, keys and my mobile phone.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Just had a look to see what else there was in there other than money, and apart from the tiny plastic snake and Beltane performer's pass from last April (don't ask), I just found the 2 plectrums which I thought I had lost after I bought them - this post is great! :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE