What number Bearclaw are we up to now?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi Andrew,

You'd best post this on the BB web site. My understanding is that Gert is restarting the production line on the 25th January. I have no idea where we are up to buy I'm number 70 something, so I am expecting it will be around 4 months before mine turns up.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i think that up to 13 was the last one to ship before Gerd stopped and moved house he is setting up a new work shop and taking a christmas brake work starts again on the 25 as Topcat02 said, but should be going faster after that with a bigger work shop and new kit!

come on 28 :cool:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I was in touch with Gary a week or so ago and he told that it would be at least a couple of months before I got my hands on number 40.

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
Did as Topcat02 suggested and looked on the BB website. Have no idea how to link to the thread (spot the technophobe, and proud of it!), but it told me everything I needed to know. I suggest anyone else waiting have a look too.

Cheers,

Andrew

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Number 16.

I’ll try and get some pictures up tomorrow of all the work I have from Gerd Jørgensen this is my 3rd knife from him. :D

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
martin said:
I was in touch with Gary a week or so ago and he told that it would be at least a couple of months before I got my hands on number 40.

LOL, mines 66! At that rate I'm hoping for Christmas 2006 delivery. More pictures and usage reports please folks!

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Let's be realistic.

If we're up to 17 after around 6 months, those of us numbered (say, 42 frex :D ) will be lucky to get them much before the end of the year.

I can live with it. Not ideal, but I'm unlikely to wear out *all* my other knives whilst waiting...

Now, about those crook knives... :eek: :lmao:

Jim.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I got #12 some time ago and it's very nice indeed...

My usage report reads like this:

"It cuts what I want it to without getting sore to hold and looks nice too."

I could tell you what I used it for in more detail but feathersticks and spoons are no real indication of how good a knife is... I'll give a full review of the BFK in 10 years when I have had a proper chance to review it :D

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Squidders said:

I could tell you what I used it for in more detail but feathersticks and spoons are no real indication of how good a knife is... I'll give a full review of the BFK in 10 years when I have had a proper chance to review it :D

That sounds good to me ;)

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Squidders said:

Do you need any help in reviewing it? :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE