What knife?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry Tengu, still on my first cuppa of the day when I wrote that list out.

Yeah, but the Silky's break, the laplander's can bend and straighten out again. I've been using one for eight years now and it's still good :D I've taken down an entire apple tree with it too. It's a fraction of the cost as well. For all the sawing that the majority of us do, a Laplander and, if needed, a bowsaw, are more than ample.

cheers,
M

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'm on my second laplander blade and my second silky blade. Wear on the laplander, Pushed too hard on the bigboy when i fist got it lol. :) I tend to use axe more than saw though unless a clean cut is needed.

Am I the only person that wears hand saws out here?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I just bought spare laplander saws when Amazon did them dirt cheap :)

Hardpoint saws die a death in our house BR, I look on them as disposables, but the wee laplanders are the saws I look for to use outside.

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I suspect its cutting up all the thick branches Mary - I get through one folding saw blade a year :(

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
My first laplander (the orange version) lasted for ages, until I found a couple of long hidden 6" nails in a bit of old hawthorn hedge I was cutting back. Took the tips right off the teeth. I did manage to re-sharpen it with a triangular file but it was never quite the same so I bought a replacement laplander off amazon, the old one now lives in the landy's cubby box.

Dave

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Welcome Faye.
+1 for the wooden handled Mora No 1.
Very sharp and just downright useful for carving , cutting and camp chores.
I would also endorse what Mary says , after all there are many excellent makers and modders
on this forum and over on British Blades who would make you a custom knife for very little
money when you are ready to flash a bit more cash.
I have and use regularly many knives but I think favourites are by Rob Evans , Shing , Ben Orford , John Fenna and a Wilkinson Sword RM Bushy.
Buy the one you like holding the most!
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE