What is?????

smokyjoe

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2012
london
What is the best peace of kit that you have made to use with and improve an existing peace if kit that you have bought?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Not as good as the Monkey Boy stove :D

In terms of modding stuff, I do a little here and there, put some side pouches on my LK35 a long time ago. Still going strong :D

lk35frontjd3.jpg
lk35sideiq4.jpg

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
You guest it copper_head😬

That's a nice mod,I was talking to a mate about doing that to that exacted pack :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Cheers, its a set of kidney pouches from a set of 58 patt webbing. They fit a swedish army trangia (just) if anyones wondering.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
My best mod would probably be a trivet I made for my trangia.
I just got two strips of stainless steel and cut halfway down each one with a hacksaw the same thickness as the material, I them filed two notches in each piece. They interlock together and sit steady on the top of the trangia burner. It's also nice and low so the wind doesnt affect it as much.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Was using my MOnkey Boy Stove while i was in the woods doing a wee bit of coppicing, and you were dead right MB, it does get better the more often it is used.:)

I was using my one the other day, Iv had to make a new one as my first one got all rusty, but hey! It's lasted about 2 years not bad, Iv managed to keep the fibre glass and the mesh from the old one and put it in the new tin :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I was using my one the other day, Iv had to make a new one as my first one got all rusty, but hey! It's lasted about 2 years not bad, Iv managed to keep the fibre glass and the mesh from the old one and put it in the new tin :)

Mines a bit rusty too now, mind you i did remove all of the paint onthe tin to make it look pretty and i think that was a mistake, but it still works a treat, might get a new tin down town later

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE