What is your best season to stay outdoors?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
Well my fav is upon us. I just don't like going out in the summer months due to the Midges.
You just can't beat waking up on a cold crisp morning next to a loch.

Well that does it for me what about you?

Scott

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like sitting by a warm fire on the long cold crisp nights, I'm usually out all year round but I do like a nip in the air.

I think it depends what you are in. In my teepee it doesn't matter much as there'sd plenty space inside to do activities however in a tent or hammock or bivi it as below.

West coast of Scotland on the islands..summer
Inland Spring/Autumn

. Sleeping out in the rain for more than a night is no fun in anybodies book.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Yep Definitely Autumn for me, not sure what it is, like others have said, must be the crisp air and the fact that winter is just around the corner...which means snow ! :D

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I like to camp in the fall or autumn, whatever one you call it.

Summer is hot and there are too many people around for me, not to mention mosquitos. Spring is nice but a little too wet. I've never camped in the winter but that's only because I didn't have the right gear and no one would go with me.

Like has been said, there's just something about autumn that makes staying out there extra special. Only downside is if you go with someone who likes summer camping and complains about the nice nip in the air that you actually like. That's why I have to go out alone this fall.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I must admit I prefer summer camping, I love the long days though ive actually done most of my camping in winter, the cold and constant low light gets to me.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Autumn / winter for me, when the mercury takes a tumble and a fire is more than just something to look at. I used to do a lot of bivvying on mountaintops, but winter nights seem too long without a fire; even I can't sleep for fourteen hours. I woke up one morning with my hair ( before it started falling out ) frozen to the ground by the condensation in my breath, and I had to trim it with the cr@ppy little scissors in my first aid kit.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
When I lived in the UK my favourite Season was definately Autumn...

September and October in the Lakes and Scotland are magical months...

Here in NZ I like Early Spring which is September October and Late Summer which is Feb March...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm happy to admit it - I'm a fair weather camper. Summer for me!
Like everyone else, I've camped out in all weathers, in all seasons.
But I prefer Summer - warmer weather means you don't have to carry as much.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
To me theres nothing better than waking up to a blanket of frost, crisp morning air, a light fog a warm fire and nice cup of coffee.

Late autumn to early spring is my fave time.

I use grizedale forest campsite in the lakes a lot in this time. Went for a week in February and other than the owner, never saw a soul around camp. We had a forest to ourselves.:D It snowed the day after we got there and the car was stuck for 4 days, it was brilliant.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
To be honest, I love all seasons, although I do get more chanced to get out through late Autumn and Winter.

I've a hectic work life and a young family, and they are just not as demanding on my time during those periods. I've lost count of the amount of times work or family commitments have scuppered plans for a weekend out this Summer.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Strange how most like my self prefer spring autumn and winter. Summer is ok but family, work and other things take up most of my weekends. Plus in summer i get hayfever get bitten to buggery and there are loads of people about.
There is nothing like bivying in autumn the colours are wondeful and the clean crisp air, mist and fog :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE