What is the ideal possible pouch

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Here's my possibles pouch, the brown one nearest the camera.

P2280124.jpg

Knife round my neck and lighter and ferro rod in my pocket, all set.

cheers,

Alan

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...This is what i use i find it an ideal size for what i want.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMzAzLTAwMDI3LmpwZw.jpg

Paul Kirtley uses on of those for both his first aid and survival kits. For some folk a possible pouch is a survival kit, for others it is a handy place to store those items things that they may possibly find a use for.

The contents of Paul's pouches are described here and here.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
JP%20pouch%201[1].jpgJP%20pouch%202[1].jpg

This is my possibles pouch. Made by Mark at MJ Bushcraft leather, although mine has a diffrent torch holder as i use a Surefire G2L, Blinding pouch and workmanship at a good price and holds my leatherman new wave multitool, firesteel, torch, whistle etc a treat.

www.bushcraftleather.co.uk have a look

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Found this one on a army surplus website. Never thought about what to do with the d-ring - seems to hang quite well from a karabiner on my belt but flaps about quite a bit
DSC_0058.jpg

i vary between a solid wet formed pouch made by G4GHB for me and a two levelled softer leather that i bought through tamarack outdoors
i had a sporron one like dread heads but used in an exchange for a knife which in hindsight i regret doing a little.

off topic i like the idea of a specifically recognisable design/pattern on kit especially when a lot of the kit is the same as used by many many people saves on confusion.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Ian atkinson, has started a thread on BB, about what would be the ideal possible pouch, and has got me thinking, i also had this very conversation at the north wood meet with a few members, last week end, with martyn(k9) and a few others, he has a possible pouch wich i find is about the perfect size.
so would love to hear you opinions on this, as I'm finding it fascinating.
take care.
lee.

I'm more than happy with the one you made me not so long ago, have been using it without a baccy tin too and its just right for a few bits and bobs.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use an Ozhaggishead pattern Sporran - the original one I made along the lines of the ones I sell :)
Such a great design - holds masses but never seems too bulky!

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Could you unstitch it, invert it and restitch it so that the loop hangs from beneath? Maybe that would be more useful.

Think I get what you mean - the reason it flaps about a bit is because it is a single d-ring in the middle, so no matter where you position it it will still flap about. And if the loop goes lower it would defeat the purpose of hanging from the loop (ie that is it hanging lower than the waist support of a pack).
However, I had a brainwave the other night...... On filling it with useful kit I didn't have much space left for a good length of emergency para cord. I took a spare length I had kicking around and put it through the belt loops of the pouch and tied round my waste - stops the flapping about and solves the storage issue for a bit of emergency cordage!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE