what have your burnt in your time?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I wasa showing my mate how to use his fire stick from woodlore today with some char cloth. A lump of burning char cloth must have blown towards me as I now have a finger sized hole in the shirt

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
My eyebrows off.

Didn't prime a liquid fuel stove properly; made mistake of bending over it to see if the jet was clear. Won't do that again.

Simon

Nomad
Jul 22, 2004
Addington, Surrey
eyebrows is my favourite trick ... along with some of my fringe ..... but that was a 4 foot flame propelled out of my forge :yikes:

set fire to a shirt using the angle grinder

and a class room when I was 14 ...... :naughty:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

A week ago I was showing a mate a peice of charcloth and a firesteel. He was amazed and so was his dog, cause it nearly ate the cloth! :shock: :nono: It was very hot and burning when it came over and put the nose in the cloth... We got it away pretty quick! :D :wink:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
eyebrows eyelashes and beard :yikes:

all while blowing into campfires to get them to go better

when i stop blowing the flames sometimes lash back at me

but hey it was a nice campfire by the time i finished

Tant

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I once had a pair of them "lumberjack" boots and they had moulded foam inner soles that eventually fell apart. I throow em on't farr an nearly s**t misselfe when they instantly flared up and ar thorte arre'd set't chimney alarte. :roll:
Oh and has anyone else set their trousers alight doing angle grinding; I did once, jeans were frayed a bit. Funny thing was I wer't last ter noe ubbart it- everyone else saw what was happening and stood watching grinning and waiting until things heated up a little..... :roll:

MR D :wave:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I once tried to blow flames using a mouth full of Zippo liter fluid and a lit match. My friend - the eternal spectator - made me laugh and I managed to set fire to my whole face. At first I didn't believe him so I walked in to the house, cool as a cucumber... After looking in the mirror panic REALLY set in!

Other than that, the standard fires in dug outs, the occasional flaming sambuka gone wrong, typical stuff. :chill:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Did a test using wire wool and firesteel. Held the wool, set some sparks on it and it started cooking, that stuff get so hot. i dropped it onto my carpet :doh: :roll: .

Did exactly the same thing as tant, except my fire went out when the rain set it.

My jumper with a cigar. :roll:

Oh dear.

Jake

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
My sleepingbags are always notable by their holes.
I do a good line in nasal hair removal.
Once did a whole shirt on a day trip, was tring to dry it. Had to walk home sans top, wasn't the weather for it either.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I blew up my workshop - nasty affair starting with a bit of metal and a cutting disk, sparks from that found their way to 2kg of iron wool I'd forgotten to put away which in turn found a small bag of black powder which then found my fibre glass catalyst. What I don't understand was given the total devastation in the place, I didn't have a single mark on me or my clothes.
I don't store flammables in the workshop any more, not when I'm cutting metal anyhow.

Realgar

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Just a couple of fleeces. One was a then very new present from my wife! It now has a stategically placed "Land Rover" badge on it!

Dave

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
I was doing some over head welding once and a nice big spark went down the back of my collar traveled down my spine and the back of my keks and lodged its self in between my cheeks :yikes:
Have you ever seen river dance? :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
When I was learning to bow drill I decided to practice in the kitchen on a rainy day - sawing away - plumes of smoke arose accompanied by the smell of burning plastic.

I'd drilled through both the hearth and the kitchen lino! :shock:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Stuart said:
next time you see me remember to ask me about the physics lab explosion :wink:

its to long to explain here properly, good for round a camp fire though
... and about when I poisoned the chem lab ... :rolmao:

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Forgot my "classic" actually. Fleetwood beach, Lancashire, on the way home from Beltring. Big pile of meat from Tesco, half a crate of Guinness, and a folding BBQ.

Eating away merrily while grilling the next round of cow anus, I raked the coals a bit to keep the heat up.
And one of them fell out.....You know the way some things induce a reflex action? Well, when I see something falling I try to catch it......

Mek!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE