What dog do you have? or use for bushcrafting buddy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
One of mine..
IMG_2084.jpg

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Chocolate labrador. Wonderful dog, but b*gger all use for bushcraft except when I've cooked too many sausages, at wich point she's really useful for clearing up

And she's currently in her bed panting away about to give birth to several more useless bushcraft dogs :D

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
I take it you will be placing an ad here for these wild sausage eating puppies? or have you got owners already?

harrisp

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2011
Alfreton, Derbyshire
yes i also chose kgosi name as the rottie bullmastiff i got from a rescue centre when he was 3 months old, and people tend to pick bruiser or some other mads names for these types of breeds, and strait of the bat the dog is going to have a hard time before he has even stepped out the door.
kgosi is south african for trible leader.
oh yeh the rottie you have is one dog mate, what a cracker.

Tyson seems a common name for them.:rolleyes:
We have had two rotties now and they were both the softest dogs I have ever met, even if they can be unbelievably grumpy at times:D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
One big Red idiot, Dylan, one small black hooligan called Bryn, he's half black lab half Bavarian mountain hound

SAM_1764.jpg

One of the few occasions they aren't trying to kill all small animals, pulled the black one out of the chicken coop again this morning.

SAM_1718.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

SAM_0866.jpg

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
She is a stunner Gill, am i right in thinking Bedlington/Whippet,how old is she and where did you get her if you don't mind me asking.
Hi buddy as far as i,m led to believe she is collie/greyhound/bedlington ,she is about 7 now and one of my mates bred her.I wish she took her coat from the Bedlington side ,cause she sheds hair like no other i,ve had.

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
Hi all, some great looking dogs there! Me and my collie Joss are about to spend our first night under a tarp together, tomorroww. Been in a tent with him, but not under a tarp so keen to see how that works out. I've got him a jacket for the night time but I'm probably worrying about nowt - tough dogs, farm-bred collies!

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Here are my 2..Oscar (Red collar) and Baloo (Blue collar - we didnt name him!). They go everywhere on the farm and in the woods with me and I wouldnt venture into the bush without them, even though they do scare all the deer away!!

Quite happy at home in front of the fire or wrapped up in my bivi in a howling gale.
They are the greatest of bush buddies...

IMG-20110515-01071.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE