What dog do you have? or use for bushcrafting buddy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Abe, seen here guarding (otherwise known as sleeping on) one of my chainsaws.
DSC01735.jpg

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
Some cracking canines in this thread!

Here's my faithful companion (some are shabby phone pics, sorry):

IMG_1250.jpg

He does quite good impressions:

Grizzly Bear:

IMG_1941.jpg

Mother Theresa:

IMG_0709.jpg

Jock of the Bushveldt:

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

I'm trying to train him for woodland stalking:

IMG_0780.jpg

He's a good friend and family member.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Here's the two I have now (have had for the past 7 years):

Sadie Ann with my oldest grandson, James, about two years ago:

And here's one of my Boxer mix, Dinah:

Dinah's the world's perfecr nanny. James' baby brother, two year old Carson, opens her mouth to inspect her teeth, pulls her ears, uses her as a step stool to climb onto the couch, and generally abuses her patience. None-the-less, she dutifully follows him around making sure he's safe and happy. I suppose it helps that he always tries to share his meals and snacks with her. LOL.

Last edited:

skids

Oct 19, 2012
Gloucestershire
I have two staffies, Mabel and Sadie. Both getting on abit and both rescue dogs. Mabel is the one I take out, but she doesn't like cold, rain or the dark! ! lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Some cracking companions there

Here are my 2:

Dan 1 yr old lab

kf5thu.jpg

and Bronnie 3 yrs old lurcher

vr3kev.jpg

Both are working dogs.

atb

craig

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have 2 cats :D who are excellent mousers, ratters & rabbiters :cool: (they don't do birds), they also come for walks round the farm with me on occasion. When they will allow me, I can sometimes share the rabbits ... I'm really not into mouse or rat, I spose you could call me a fussy eater :lmao:!!!

I occasionally have the chance to go out with Magpiewolf's 2 whippets (very cat-like dogs!) who are also good hunters and great fun. Our first pair of cats came everywhere with us, like walking on Exmoor, but my current girls do not believe in car-travel :D

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
My dog's not much of an outdoor dog, but he's a great companion. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are said to be one of the most friendly breeds, and he definitely fits that description. He's been camping a few times with me and climbed up a few hills. Quite impressive for such a small dog. He turned one only a couple of months ago.

375036_637976032884585_68854646_n.jpg

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
My collie and my mum's spaniel who follows me everywhere, usually with a soggy tennis ball in her mouth and a hopeful look on her face.

DSC00037_zps8b98db50.jpg

jandude

Jan 11, 2013
Cambs
Bumpy: a six year old mini Schnauzer. Thick as two short planks, cheeky, stubborn, great temperament, greedy, thinks she's a big dog but with a low down bum... And falls in rivers a lot (she just seems to topple in from the bank - never from the canoe!). And also scared of sheep!

She still hasn't got the hang of standing up on command - and I'm beginning to think she never will. Knows mealtimes though!

Bumpy2-120110410.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Some great looking dogs on here. Cheers me up to se em.

This is my new pal. :D

11 weeks old today. [I still cant get over the fact that he's got a chocolate coloured nose...:lmao:]

IMG_0608_zpse42f773a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE