What do hot drinks do you take other than tea and coffee?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ganstey

Settler
I suppose just once in a while I get fed up with carting milk, tea bags sugar and just want to simply add water and relax.

When I was touring Australia a few years back I had the same problem. I decided to force myself to drink my tea black, without sugar - It was better than having it with UHT milk :yuck: Now I can't drink it any other way :D All I need to carry with me in terms of supplies is a bag of tea bags.

Graham

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cocoa, ground cinnamon, milk powder and a little coffee whitener.

The cayenne pepper sounds good Santa, I'll have a go at that.

loll6261

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
I would take if I could find them the old 24hr rat packs from the late 70's early 80's all tins but man they where great, processed cheese, bacon grill, spangles, you name it all the stuff you needed eat it cold or hot, plus side to those rats where you only needed water for drinks and at same time cook your food now days you need bucket loads of water, call me old fashion but boil in bag yuck, give me tins and well, whoo hoo.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Ginger tea, purchased from Asian food shops. Only pure ginger & honey granules in single foil bags, all you need is hot water, lovely.

This one for instance..............http://www.asianaltd.com/product.asp?P_ID=1095

It does have a good 'kick' and does not have the weak taste that I've always found with herbal teas.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2011
Nottingham
I love hot chocolate and gives you a good boost at the start of the day. I am a big coffee lover but there are just those days when you would want to relax a little bit more, which hot choco helps me with.

I also drink hot water with a squeeze of lemon to alleviate stress, though you might consider it as some form of tea already.

Bucketosudz

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2010
UT-USA
Warm Tang! or similar powdered Citrus Drink? Pre-fill some Tapioca/Malt Straws with the powder, they store well and can be re-sealed if necessary.

Beef or Chicken Bouillon is very affordable and can be packaged separately. We hardly ever use a full spice packet when making Ramen noodles, it also makes a nice brothy drink and can be
stored as aforementioned also. The straws also make decent fire lighting material in a pinch as well.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I take Green tea, Miso soup and Oxo cubes. I like The Oxo made with a little Cayenne Pepper added so that too is in my brew kit.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
It's gotta be Twinnings Lady Grey or Earl Grey for me. I drink it black, it has a nice lemon-ish taste to it. Sometimes I drink hot chocolate but it is bigger and bulkier
and generally not as nice IMO. You should try the Twinnings tea selection, there's a lot of good ones in that.

outdoorpaddy

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Err sorry guys but this is a dit of an eye opener for me Shiraz, Port ,whisky, Jamaican torpedo juice, Duval and Heineken. I did say I was a woodtramp yes.
But on the brighter side we have a cider press on order.
Slàinte mhath agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE