What did you use your edc knife for today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Photo02611.jpg
[/IMG]
carved with a Case swayback jack with cv blades

Last edited:

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I use mine generally for things whilst at work. Being an engineer by trade you never know when you may need to cut or remove something whilst on a site

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
SAK evolution 17 used to: tighten loose bathroom tap, open birdseed bag, peel orange, cut salad from garden, cut and file fingernail, but unusually didn't have to lend it to some plonker who didn't think edc necessary. Interesting, isn't it how often other people seem to need to use ones kit and how often these are the ones who sneer at edc stuff.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
always the way that sneerers have a sense of entitlement of using your stuff when they need it.

"Why drive a 4 x 4?"...Oh, its snowing...can I have a lift?

"Why have a generator"....oh theres a power cut and my freezer is defrosting....can I just?

"Why have a chainsaw"....theres a tree down across my drive and the tree surgeon can't come for a few days....can you just....

"Why keep a big pantry"...oh, I'm out of...can I borrow some.....

I don't know when being self reliant and practical went out of fashion and being dependent with a sense of entitlement of other people sorting out your mess became the politically correct way.

Red

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
....."Why drive a 4 x 4?"...Oh, its snowing...can I have a lift?

"Why have a generator"....oh theres a power cut and my freezer is defrosting....can I just?

"Why have a chainsaw"....theres a tree down across my drive and the tree surgeon can't come for a few days....can you just....

"Why keep a big pantry"...oh, I'm out of...can I borrow some.....

i've always found that "NO" with a great big smile on my face (maybe even a hearty chuckle if i really feel like twisting the knife a little) is a perfectly workable answer to all of the above, they either take the hint and go and get their own, or they get all offended and never talk to me again. either way, i never have to listen to that particular sneering comment from that particular sneering idiot again, winner!

stuart (failing to make friends since '77)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
i've always found that "NO" with a great big smile on my face (maybe even a hearty chuckle if i really feel like twisting the knife a little) is a perfectly workable answer to all of the above, they either take the hint and go and get their own, or they get all offended and never talk to me again. either way, i never have to listen to that particular sneering comment from that particular sneering idiot again, winner!

stuart (failing to make friends since '77)

I am similar mate, except I like to point out the day/date they originally sneered at me for having what they want now; then say No. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
..aah I take it a little different - its a learning opportunity for them...the first time. Sort of a lightbulb time. Got a couple of "politically correct vegitarian teachers" moved into the (very rural) neighbourhood recently. They are doing up a house. Got real hope for the husband - he's accepted help from me and a couple of other neighbours and started asking "where do I get something like that tool?" - which is nice. He gets it now.

I do agree though - there are plenty of people who just like to sneer. They only get a limited opportunity to wise up :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Well yesterday i cut bread, poked sausage in the frying pan, spread butter on said bread, for my daughter & i while we were canoeing. Oh yeah also cut foam to fit on the canoe seats.
Today, so far i've cut cord...but the day is young.

Rob

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Yesterday I opend a couple of bottles of beer with my SAK Huntsman, today I've used the larger blade to stir my tea and the scissors to take an anoying label out of my shirt.

Dave

PS - I do drive a 4x4, have a large food store, and own a chainsaw. No generator but plenty of gas for the camping stoves & lots of candles and huge store of firewood :)

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
BM 710:

Stirring coffee
Cuting Apples
Slicing sausage (the ones at the university hall can't)

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Used the reamer on my SAK farmer to drill holes in the bottom of a big plastic pot. Not the useless tool I once thought it was. I used the knife itself for a bunch of stuff including string cutting and taking the middle bits out of a courgette before feeding the rest to the fish.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
My outside edc today was a Spyderco Squeak...I didn't use it.

My at home edc today is an Enlan EL01B (part serrated). I've been popping balloons. Very quietly. So my sleeping 3 year old wouldn't figure out where they've all gone!

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Used my locker for cutting duct tape and polythene sheeting and my SAK for snipping baling wire. Now I have an allotment I have a cast iron excuse for carrying a locker (on my way to and fro)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE