What did you learn at the Bushmoot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Awwh bless!

Sophie keeps asking when we'll go back to Wales ;) She's missing her new friends.
Guess that means we have her permission to drive the 10 hours back down next summer :lmao:

Ness :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Rhiannon keeps saying "Going Bushmoot now, Daddy?" So we have to do our own Little Bushmoots and eat in the garden loads!

She got well into it.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Miyagi : Not exactly tamishigiri... more like a rather ad-hoc demonstration of the skills, blades and techiniques used in BladeSports cutting competitions. I was using my own (own made) competition knife. It's a full flat ground 10" blade of 01 steel. The guys who were there can vouch for the fact that even after cutting cans vertically there wasn't the merest hint of edge damage :)
If you're interested in the idea of the sport of competitive cutting, search Youtube for 'BladeSports' to see the sort of thing we get up to, and take a look at www.bladesports.org for further details, rules and regulations etc. I am the only BladeSports Certification Instructor in the UK, (was the first one outside of the USA) and run Certification courses whenever and wherever I find feasible.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I learned a new technique for making net .... while i was teaching the net making course ..... Thanks Longstrider for the great idea of using your fingers instead of a guide .... I can knit nets alot faster now :)

Oh ... and I learned his knives are scary sharp :p

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE