What did you do on this glorious sunny weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Built a picket fence to keep the tortoise in on saturday...
Racked the cider off and bunged the barreel down on sunday...
then BBQ'd these beauts...

roebuck002.jpg

This coming weekend out with 17 scouts in several acres of woodland...no doubt I'll take plenty of pics...

Rich^uk

Feb 4, 2010
England
Walked the South Downs Way. Was fantastuc. slept in a quiet corner a few nights and got the hammock up the others. A farmereven asked if we wanted brekfast. Took 5 days in all and was nice to not be inside (except for a few quick pub stops) at all. WIll put some photos up soon. We averaged 20 miles a day with our 25kg packs.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
saturday baught my Nikon D3000 then earned beer tokens from 3pm till 11pm then sunday got up around midday and chilled in the back yard with a 7 year old bottle of MR J Daniels finest today went walking from grosmont to goathland via beck hole and the marrylin spout then back to grosmont via the other side of valley that holds all said villages but the obligotory pint of black sheep in the goathland hotel was most definatly refreshing then came home and had half ours kip before setting of to the pub to watch the england v mexico game which if u are interested we won 3.1 now beside the earning of beer tokens i would say that was a pretty mint weekend

ps photos of hike will be posted shortly

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
We spent a fun weekend in a ranger cabin in the northeast corner of Algonquin Park...walked out of the cabin early Sunday morning and was
greeted by a moose standing in the lake having his breakfast ...real nice relaxing time, just four of us , no other humans for miles.
Heard wolves howling just across the lake at night; and the frogs (spring peepers) were making so much noise, we were sitting around the
campfire talking really loud just to hear each other...not an easy spot to get to, but turned out to be well worth the effort.

May 10, 2010
Bolton
Great responses guy's seems i wasn't the only one to have a good weekend, although i know it wasn't a good weekend for some

we were heading for our walk after picking a few mates up when an 3 idiots came past us at breakneck speed on bikes

not a quarter of a mile further up the road one lad came off in a pretty serious accident with the floor, shutting down the road for a few hours, luckily i had me FAK in my rucksack which we stopped the bleeding with, and my berghaus freeflow which we used as a back brace for him for the hour it took for the air ambulance to arrive

only good point was wedid get to be stood only meters away from the helicopter as it came to land which was pretty cool, me and my missus are stood just behind the ambulance, let's just hope this lad survived (i'm sure he did)

Last edited:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
A friction firelighting demo and greenwood work Fri, Sat, Sun. Great fun but Hot Hot Hot!

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
6 hours cycling on Saturday through Dalmeny and Hopetoun estates. Failed to get a pint at the closed pub in Blackness but made it to Champany insetad for a pint and a superior burger. Had a brief meeting with Miyagi at Hopetoun where we fantasized about skinny dipping in the fountain. The cycle run included my first shot of a recumbent, a fair bit of cross country (including a run in with some cows) and a feild repair on the 'bents chain.

Had the radio rentals round on Sunday so did more bimbling through the Dalmeny Estate and spent some time on the beach there.

It was lovely.

Yep bumped into Locum and his mate at Hopetoun.

Threw the dog into the round pond a few times to allow him to cool (it was a scorcher that day and the tide was out).

Had a good blether with the Estate staff and a laugh with the Pipe Major who was tuning up for a Wedding reception there.

"How's your dog with the Pipes?" he asked as he was puffing into the bag.

"To be honest he's never played them - but he's no bad with a banjo".

We had to stay out of his sightline as the Wedding guests were being piped in, as everytime he saw us it made him laugh.

We visited the ranger's office there and looked at the displays and signboards, picked up a few leaflets etc, the we had rice and vegetables on the beach below the Deer Park, boiled up in my Poundstretcher cutlery drainer and biscuit tin billy can then off to Midhope Burn.

As Treacle runs and explores everywhere and it being a very hot day, it was kinder to let him run in the shady woods and swim in the river their than do our intended walk to Blackness.

All in all a great Saturday - thanks for the biscuits fruit and the oatmeal block Locum.

On Sunday we walked to Linlithgow, wild camped (no trace) at Beecraigs, and walked into visit family in Edinburgh on Monday.

Taking the canal from Fountainbridge we returned today, coming off at Winchburgh and walking to Kirkliston and then home.

Bring on more sunshine!!!

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I scouted out a new piece of woodland, found it wasn't suitable, got stung by a nettle, spent ages trying to sort out a level piece of ground for my stove, stove fell over with the pot ontop of it, spilled lit meths everywhere which I put out promptly with the pan, didn't have enough water after that to cook my noodles then spent twice as long getting home as coming out because of the heat.

:togo:

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
It was the school fair on Sat so the miss was taking cash on the gate and I was on helium balloon duty, then Sun as I'm away for 3 days in Inverness on a 1st aid course I mowed the lawns, and book to see RM at eden court :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I had a lazy saturday. Got up at exactly midday then had a three eggs scrambled ontoast with a cup of tea. Then another cup of tea before I went out to a nearby town to try to spend some money. Disappointed as only got a seam sealer for use with sik-nylon. Went to a mates in the town for a coffee then to Ambleside to try to spend some more money to no success. Then went to a mates and had a little snack and a drink then to parents for a bbq and a g&t. Back home via the allotment just to check it over but not to work on it. Then sleep.

Up early the next day and picked mates up and did a walk near Keswick. Rather nice set of hills. I got bored walking slowly so ran up a few hills. I was like someone on amphetamines (guessing as I have never seen what anyone on them looks like). I couldn't tire myself out so went home for a snack then did some more excercise until I was tired. Went to bed.

On Monday I paid for my exertions with aches general tiredness.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
had a nice camping session with wife and son in north wales top weather and a wee play in the river dee grabbing baby fish and bugs

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i visited a boot fair both days and the rest of each day was spent out in the garden sharpening some chisels i'd got from the bootfairs, was very nice and relaxing and got a major bargain on the chisels, bootfairs are the best place to get chisels as long as you dont mind putting in some hours sharpening them.

TJ

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
We tried out a nice little campsite, not too far from home. A bit like camping on a set from Shaun the sheep, which the boys loved. Some lovely woodland nearby where we spent a fair bit of time.

P5233734.jpg

A very pleasant relaxing time.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Saturday was my last day on the Woodlore Woodsense course, where I'd been lucky enough to go out deer stalking (without rifle) with Ray himself... We spent the day on a manhunt across the estate in East Sussex, just fantastic fun.

Morrolan

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2010
Chorley, Lancashire
we were heading for our walk after picking a few mates up when an 3 idiots came past us at breakneck speed on bikes

You'll get that over Rivington - I live in Chorley and I am a biker (for commuting purposes rather than Sunday riders who can't handle the bike) and there is a massive meet up there at Rivington Barn for bikers every weekend.

I spent Saturday volunteering at Cuerden Valley country fair in Bamber Bridge and Sunday lazing around the garden recovering! ;)

To Danielfay88 - If you live around Rivington way or within easy commuting distance, I wouldn't mind some advice on where is nice around here to walk/camp as I've only moved to the area recently.

Cheers,
Morrolan

Last edited:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I was working in Totnes and Tavistock so camped here http://www.runnagecampingbarns.co.uk/camping.htm which was a bit busy for my liking but as its right on the moor its easy to get away from fellow campers
I spent saturday evening in this really special pub http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_House_Inn I walked to it over the moor; well up a valley really but in the dark with a few pints of Otter ale on board I returned the much longer way by road
Sunday I returned to Totnes and on monday went to a car boot sale where I got a Troll single point hammock and flysheet for £5 before catching a train back home
Not a bad weekend at all

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE