What did you do on this glorious sunny weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Took an 8yr old up Cruach Tarbert, his first 'big mountain', 28degs so kept him well hydrated. I had to carry the hydration. Heard diff. cuckoos, one below in Glen Loin and one in Tarbet. Collected some tadpoles in my water bottle, saw some owl or eagle pellets (on open moorland above the treeline?). Saw red deer, used the swiss army stove for hot choc on the summit.

Collected birch back and old mans beard, filtered water from a stream with spagnum moss, worked well.

Thought he was tired when we got back but then had to play football for an hour.........

Nick

PS Same 8yr old was supposed to be camping at Point Sands but it was full last weekend so he camped in the farmers field next to Gigha ferry port, farmer was very accomodating. He said, 8yr old cub, 'this is real camping, better than sleeping in a Scout hut in Paisley!' . Cubs tend to sleepover camp in huts.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE