What did you do on this glorious sunny weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 10, 2010
Bolton
Well i'll get started, went on a big walk around the Rivington reservoirs (Bolton area) with a few good friends and the missus. Stopped off along the edge where the water has receded for a Bru and some sausages but mainly to practise my firelighting, used some dry grass birch bark and ferns and started it for the first time with only one strike of my firesteel :D (pic Below, and no i'm not the ginger dwarf in the picutre) before heading off home. Was a scorching day, 28 degree's and not a cloud in the sky, really made my weekend.

Last edited:

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I refought the batlle of Heligoland with little model ships.
I was told I was going to have a British destroyer flotilla - which I wasn't too chuffed with since I knew I'd have the living daylights shot out of me by the Germans.
But in the end I took command of the German battlecruisers. Which was much more like it.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I had a cracking weekend too, went for a paddle, back home for a BBQ and a couple of beers on the deck, had a hose fight with the kids and watched a couple of BR movies, pretty much perfect IMHO :cool:

P5220069.jpg

Cheers,

Alan

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
cleared some of my front garden, then sunday took the kids to the local park, pitched the new banshee 200 to test (very swish) and generally enjoyed the sun ;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Not a lot as I'd strained a muscle in my back so I had to take it easy :(

I did manage to take the dogs for a walk in a new wood near me though and found it's over run with ransoms :)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
On Saturday I was up early to go fly fishing and had 5 trout before it got to hot. Stayed on for a bit until lunchtime, when it was off to a local pub's bear garden for a long lunch & the rest of the afternoon/evening was spent relaxing. On Sunday it was a car boot fair, followed by a walk up to the top of Eartham Woods on the Sussex Downs for a few hours in the middle of nowhere reading the sunday papers in my hammock. That was followed by some housework followed by a few hours of 'rabbit management' on the local gold course after it had cooled off a bit. Great weekend.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
When I wasn't visiting my Lady and bump in hospital, there was time to teach my nephews to use a fire steel whilst lighting the BBQ. It was fired using the charcoal they helped make a few weeks ago (well you got to make use of willing helpers to shift all the wood about)
Then as the food was eaten I whittled my heart out on a hawthorn spork.....Nice!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
6 hours cycling on Saturday through Dalmeny and Hopetoun estates. Failed to get a pint at the closed pub in Blackness but made it to Champany insetad for a pint and a superior burger. Had a brief meeting with Miyagi at Hopetoun where we fantasized about skinny dipping in the fountain. The cycle run included my first shot of a recumbent, a fair bit of cross country (including a run in with some cows) and a feild repair on the 'bents chain.

Had the radio rentals round on Sunday so did more bimbling through the Dalmeny Estate and spent some time on the beach there.

It was lovely.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sewed a bunch of leather pouches (they are selling almost as fast as I make the things at the moment!) racked off my Dandelion wine, harvested nettles for my Nettle wine, went for a short walk up into my woods and started my nettle wine....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I really wanted to go paddling but the boss was having none of it.

Ended up spending most of Saturday pottering around in the garden and defrosting the freezers. Sunday had a really nice day out in the Dales and crashed out by the side of a river for a few hours with a picnic.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Working all weekend, but I'm a parkie so it wasn't like REAL work........ I wish I could say I miss the old office life with the high paychecks and even higher blood pressure but hey.... I don't :D

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Can't remember saturday. Oh yes, out and about doing bits of shopping, listened to sport most of the day on the radio, then out with the dog along the canal in the evening. Loads of bats and owls.

Sunday I ordered a shed for my woodworking (finally!), made a fishing rod (old rod handle found by a river, plus a long bit of bamboo that I cut from a roadside verge), salvaged some wonderful plated wire from an old shed on the river usk, talked tools with my dad for a few hours, grabbed three rounds of alder from a site where some trees had been cut down by a railway line, and then took the dog out on the moor for the evening. Lots of hiking, using my bushbuddy, some pictures, considerable sunburn, and a glorious sunset.

Not a bad weekend at all (and I have the sunburn to remember it by!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE