What did we do before the beeps !!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I confess...My grown Grandaughter when she visits aboard, refers to the 'ping' of the Microwave as Grandad's dinner bell...:D :D

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I've tried Red, but the Fates rule otherwise. My late wife used to get positively nervous if I even went anywhere near the kitchen, she used to watch me like a Hawk. I tried to help once and put a fresh Chicken in the oven, everything thing was fine until there was an awful smell of burning plastic...Strange that the Butcher sticks a plastic bag up the Chooks stern tube with all the jubbly bits stowed in it...I was banished from the kitchen after that. Never had much luck with Chickens me...:p

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'll get you cooking if you want to learn. Simple man food is so very easy. Any idiot can make a pasty.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Cooking without a microwave is easy
Just mix it up slapp it in oven (preferably on the correct gas mark) and wait, which usually involves runnin. Back AMD.forth every 5 minutes to check it ain't burned

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
" Cooking isnt that hard really. " Problem with me Xylaria is food is just fuel to me..I can't get enthusiastic about it. Basically I'm a moron by foodie standards, I almost starved in France until I found a MacD's..All that stuff awash in wine and dodgy sauces they dish up and cheeses that should have health warnings attached..:p
I do try though occasionally..then I lose interest and open a Rat pack..:lmao:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't really like cooking. Its a means to an ends. Its a way of getting good food cheap. I really hate processed food full of salt and sugar and screwy fats. I cook because it saves me a fortune and it is food I trust. My mum that lives on her own and used to cook now gets ready meals. I understand why people dont cook. But it really is a skill that protects health and protects against poverty.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
I was always rather fortunate. In that we never bought a microwave until I was in my late teens. And everything.was oven cooked so I learned pretty early on. The only.thin I haven't.mastered is stews and.casseroles (our mother's put me off). But pretty much anything.else. cakes. Jams pastries bread joints et I'm ok at
Besides its fun

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I do not and never have had a microwave .. I just cook....

Me neither, even though I'm told the scrambled eggs are not to be equalled; I'll stick to listening to the wireless while I cook a proper meal and enjoy both the cooking and the eating of it :)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Me neither, even though I'm told the scrambled eggs are not to be equalled; I'll stick to listening to the wireless while I cook a proper meal and enjoy both the cooking and the eating of it :)

Nothing beats slow cooked scrambled eggs imo, though might be due to the butter :)

[video=youtube;PUP7U5vTMM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0[/video]

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I, unlike wicca, like to cook. Even better when people ask for more :)

I'm going to get back into making proper suet puddings - mince and onion for preference. You can't buy proper peasant food any more.

Every time I make the Christmas Puddings, I vow to make more savoury puddings :)

finished by British Red, on Flickr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE