What did u get from bushy Christmas ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Sorry guys I didn't update yesterday as I was in an area I can't connect to the net. So here's what I got for Christmas.
gy3age5a.jpg
apy3a6yb.jpg
ada5y3a4.jpg
qu3ytyty.jpg
6unupuzy.jpg
u7e5a6eh.jpg
ameha3ym.jpg
hy7adape.jpg

Starting from the top there's a condor bushlaore, hand stitched leather belt with solid brass buckle, oil stone course and fine, compass, a knife which I have no idea who made it but. It's nice quality hand made stainless steel. And some glow sticks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Must say that aside from the likes of Wainwright and Richard Proenneke who I could read 'till the uddered ungulates come home I had Lillian Beckwith (as mentioned elsewhere) as a prelude to repose for many years. The flow of the language just rocked me off to blissful dreams of life in the Islands with the lilt of an Island accent murmuring softly to me. I gave my set of Wainwrights to a younger walker way back as he was enraptured by them and lived fairly close to the core of the books. so at least they are still getting used.

I do still have a tweed cap though and it has been worn as a bed cap on colder highland nights.:eek:

Hmmm! More expense! If you like Wainrwright and Proenneke I shall have to investigate Lillian Beckwith. I too can read Proenneke 'til the cows etc :D. And other folks seem to like her too ...

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Bushy stuff I have so far, a leather belt pouch, alpkit mytimug. Not so bushy kit a fletching jig, taper tool, arm brace, archery glove and 2 books hunting the hard way by howard hil and archery in medieval England.

Elen Sentier

I got one of the Czech army bedroll things - I'm loving it so far.
Herself also bought me some Czech army wool socks, some grippers for my boots for walking on snow and ice (I'm getting old, obviously), and she knitted me some 100% wool fingerless mittens (so I can wear gloves and still tie knots when camping, in her words), with a matching headband to keep my ears warm under my Tilley hat. Oh and merino baser layer leggings.

Some friends obviously did their shopping on edc gear, as I got a sewing kit, credit-card multi-tool, whistle with compass, thermometer and magnifier thingy, and a microfiber pack towel. that lot came in an ex-army leather case whose original function I can't determine, but which is great.

I will post pics in a bit.

I must have been a very good boy this year. :red:

edit: I forgot. I got a fire piston too!!

My goodness ... sounds like you've got the whole store :). the Czeck stuff is supposed to be excellent, if heavy, looking fwd to seeing it in the flesh. Like the idea of the headband :)

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
3 dry sacks, a snugpak gilet, new knife hand forged knife to replace my rubbish Spanish one. Vamo v2, pro tank 2. 50,000ma Power bank, drop leg pouch, admin pouch, winter down, uq & tq. Think that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Dd camping hammock
A poncho liner
2 respirator pouches
Full role if 3mm parachord
Uncle rays autobiography

Maybe she does listen too me after all buzzing!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The busy things I reviced for my little ones..

19th Century Mucket copy in Stainless
UCO Parabolic Reflector
UCO Downlight Reflector
a Mini Svord Peasant

and they gave me some extra beer tokens to go get some more arrow parts :)

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Nothing exactly bushy - well, not at all, really. In fact, :jacked: I don't really do Crimbo at all, but it sort of coincided with an outbreak of leaving presents. Highlights being a large pack of Montezuma spiced drinking chocolate and a Kindle Touch stuffed with Buddhist texts (very handy for the next stage in my journey).

Cheers,
Leif

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Elen, the eldest is using his reindeer hide for everything! He slept under it last night.

Anyway, youngest was ready for a step up in knife from a mora and decided on this, also they got a Swedish police first aid kit each, slightly different (year wise, so no squabbling!) As a member on here has asked if i can get some more, (so two birds with one stone)

Also a mate carved a heart for me to give to Alison, she loves it.

Ivan..

Christmas Pressies 008.jpg Christmas Pressies 004.jpg Christmas Pressies 005.jpg

Christmas Pressies 006.jpg Christmas Pressies 007.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
I just got that today as well, it does look to be a good read.

I had the day to myself yesterday so spent a good chunk of the day getting through it, it confirmed some things I thought I knew about the man, corrected some things, and told me a few new things. As I said, interesting :)

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
I had the day to myself yesterday so spent a good chunk of the day getting through it, it confirmed some things I thought I knew about the man, corrected some things, and told me a few new things. As I said, interesting :)

I'll be looking forward to it then!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE